You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

76Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:46 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Since my granddaughter has been doing the Atkins diet and a full work out at the gym ( she has lost 65 lbs ) she is allowed 2 tbs peanut butter, she has incorporated either 10 grapes or 1 apple, all veggies but carrots, tomatoes and certain squash, carb counts even deducting fiber is still off the charts and carbs turn to sugar. We are lucky her Dr. is on the same diet so we exchange a lot of snack and meal recipes.

77Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:55 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I am on a high protein diet,it has made me very conscientious, what I eat. I still cook good just not much fat,or sugar.

78Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:53 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Her diet it high protein plus a protein supplement drink after her work outs, she has eliminated all bread, fried foods, rice, potatoes , pasta, she is allowed 50 carbs a day but stays around 20-30, cauliflower has been a god sent for snacks, pizza crust, mock potato salad and many other ways to fix it.

79Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:07 am

gypsy

gypsy
Wow she has lost 65 pounds. that is fantastic~the delicious foods you cook,
it must be very hard for her to stay with her diet~

80Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:56 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
She has great will power, plus she is able to eat all meats she wants, I make a pumpkin pie that is a total freebee on carbs as the fiber count is higher than carb, it has a pecan crust instead of pastry, she can have coleslaw, mayo is a low carb as are most salad dressings, whipped topping is allowed, sugarfree jello with 4 cut up strawberries and topping, I make a meringue cookie that is zero carb using artificial sweetener in place of sugar, seafood is allowed, bacon , eggs, and she uses pork skins for dipping homemade dips, cheese is allowed so by slicing it thin baking it makes a cheese chip along with pepperoni baked all allowed, I make fruit dip with cream cheese and zero carb marshmallow dip, also zero carb caramel for her apples.I have discovered a whole new way to cook eliminating sugars and still have traditional foods, I substitute crushed pork skins for bread crumbs and it works great.

81Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:19 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Quick Stuffed Mushrooms

12 large white mushrooms
1 block Philly cream cheese
5-6 strips crisp fried bacon
green onions or chives chopped fine

clean mushrooms removing stem, soften cream cheese, fry your bacon very crisp
crumble bacon in cream cheese and mix well, using a small spoon fill each mushroom cap well
bake in 350 oven for about 25 minutes, remove and sprinkle onion or chives on top

cream cheese doesn't get runny it stays in the cap and lightly browns, I fixed these tonight and they were very good.

82Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:11 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
mini cheeseball bites

•8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature or softened)
•¾ cup white cheddar
•¾ cup dried fruit (i used a mix of dried apricots, cherrys, and cranberries. you could use all three or use them individually)
•1½ cup mixed nuts, finely chopped
•1½ cup bacon crumbles
•medium sized pretzel sticks
•1-2 T italian seasoning

Instructions
1.beat together cream cheese, cheddar, fruit, and herbs until smooth
2.form into tablespoon sized balls and place on baking sheet. let chill in refrigerator for at least two hours.
3.roll each cheese ball in either bacon or nuts (or both!), pressing them lightly into the cheese so that they stick.
4.keep covered in fridge until you’re ready to serve
5.just before serving, skewer with pretzel. enjoy!

83Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:51 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin

Spinach Dip Bites

Yield: makes 24 bites

Ingredients
2 cups chopped frozen spinach, thawed
1 6 ounce jar Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
4 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 can seamless Pillsbury Crescent Dough

Instructions
1.Combine spinach, artichoke hearts, garlic and Parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl. Blend in cream cheese and 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Season with Salt and pepper. Set aside.
2.On a large cutting board, unroll crescent dough, lightly stretch dough, using a rolling pin, to a 8 x 12 rectangle. Cut dough into 2 inch squares so you have 24 squares. Place each square into a lightly greased mini muffin tin. Gently push down to create a indentation. (you don't have to mold it to the cup.)
3.Place one rounded teaspoon of your spinach mixture on top of each crescent square and gently push in, just to secure. (The Bites will drop and mold to your tin while baking.) Divide the remaining mozzarella cheese over the tops of each cup.
4.Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 15 minutes, just until a perfect golden brown. Let rest in tin for 5 minutes before removing to serving tray.

84Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:56 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin

Loaded Potato Pinwheels

Roll up a cheesy bacon and potatoes mix in crescents for an awesome appetizer.

1 bag (11.8 oz) Green Giant® Steamers™ frozen backyard grilled potatoes 1 1/4 cups finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (5 oz) 1/2 cup cooked real bacon bits (from a jar or package) 3 tablespoons milk 1 can Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet or 1 can (8-oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 1/3 cup sour cream 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion tops (3 medium)

Step 1
Heat oven 350°F. Spray 2 large cookie sheets with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Microwave frozen potatoes 3 to 4 minutes to thaw. In medium bowl, with fork, mash potatoes leaving some small pieces. Stir in cheese, 1/3 cup of the bacon bits and the milk until well blended.

Step 2
If using crescent dough sheet, unroll dough on cutting board; press into 14x8-inch rectangle. If using crescent rolls, unroll dough on cutting board, press into 14x8-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. Cut into 2 rectangles, 14x4-inches each. Spread half of the potato mixture on one rectangle to within 1/4-inch of long edges. Starting at one long side, tightly roll up dough; pinch seams to seal. Using serrated knife, cut roll into 14 slices. Place slices, cut side up, on cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.

Step 3
Bake 17 to 21 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately, remove from cookie sheets to serving plate. Top each pinwheel with sour cream, remaining bacon bits and the green onions. Serve warm.

85Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:20 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
BLT Dip

Ingredients:

1 pound bacon, cooked, drained, crumbled, and divided

2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

2 cups shredded Fontina cheese

1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning

1 teaspoon garlic powder

2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

salt & pepper to taste

1 1/2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes

1 cup shredded Iceberg lettuce

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350˚. Spray a 11⁄2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

Set aside 1⁄2 cup crumbled bacon.

In a large bowl, combine remaining bacon, cream cheese, shredded cheeses, sour cream, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Dijon mustard. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle chopped tomatoes, remaining 1⁄2 cup crumbled bacon, and Iceberg lettuce over hot dip. Serve immediately with toasted bread rounds, crackers, or pita chips.

86Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:08 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Loaded Cauliflower casserole

Ingredients:
1 large head of Cauliflower cut into bite size pieces (approx 6 cups)
6-8 strips of bacon cooked and crumbled (Cooked in oven at 400° for 20 mins)
6 Tbs chopped Chives
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Sour Cream
2 cups Colby Jack Cheese ( may use cheddar)
8 oz container sliced mushrooms

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425°
In a large pot boil water and cook Cauliflower for 8 - 10 minutes, drain and let cool.
In a large bowl combine sour cream, mayo, 1/2 of crumbled bacon, 3tbs chives, 1 cups of cheese,mushrooms and cauliflower and mix well... place in baking dish and cover with remaining 1 cup of cheese and rest of bacon crumbles. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted. top with remaining 3 Tbs chives and serve.

87Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:21 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
NOLA Crawfish-Stuffed Deviled Eggs

INGREDIENTS
•8 large eggs
•2 tablespoons butter
•1/2 small onion, finely diced
•1/2 stalk celery, finely diced
•1 small jalapeno, finely diced
•1/2 small poblano, seeded and finely diced
•1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
•1 teaspoon paprika
•salt & pepper
•1/2 pound crawfish tails (16 whole pieces reserved, the remainder roughly chopped)
•2 teaspoons fresh chives, minced
•1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
•3 tablespoons mayonnaise
•1 tablespoon Creole mustard

DIRECTIONS

Place eggs in a saucepan and cover them with cold water, not too deep. Place on burner on HIGH heat. Once they start to boil turn on the timer to 3 minutes.
When the timer goes off, quickly take off the heat, put on the lid and reset the timer to 8 minutes. When 8 minutes are up, take to sink and run cold water over them for about a minute, let them soak a bit to cool off. Once the eggs are cool, peel and cut them in half lengthwise, separating the yolks from the whites. Set both aside.

In a large skillet, melt the butter over low heat and add the onions, celery, jalapenos, poblanos, and spices. Season with salt & pepper. Cook for 4 minutes to sweat the vegetables. Add the crawfish and cook for another 5 minutes. Let the mixture cool.

Put the cooked egg yolks in a mixing bowl and mash them with a fork or potato masher. Add the lemon juice, mayonnaise and mustard and mix to combine. Fold in the cooled crawfish mixture.

Spoon the crawfish mixture into the cooked whites. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with chives and top each with a crawfish tail.

88Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:02 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Cajun Roasted Whole Cauliflower

yield: one head of cauliflower. 4 to 6 side servings

A spicy frosting of mayo, cheese and Cajun seasoning brings this vegetable to life. Your favorite seasoning can be substituted for Cajun seasoning. To serve, slice into wedges and remove core.

1 medium cauliflower

1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese

1/3 cup mayonnaise

1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning

Wash cauliflower. Remove leaves and excess stem. Cut the stem level so the cauliflower sits up pretty.

Place cauliflower on a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil.

Mix remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Spread over cauliflower head using a spatula.

Roast at 350 degrees for one hour.

89Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Fri May 09, 2014 9:36 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Chocolate Cream Cheese Fruit Dip

1 8oz. package of cream cheese, softened (leave it on the counter for an hour or so)
1/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 8oz. tub of Cool Whip, thawed and divided
Mini chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
Fruit of your choice

Directions:

Put the softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Use your hand mixer to fully combine.
Add the cocoa powder and mix that in with your mixer, too.
Add 3/4 of the tub of Cool Whip. Just use a knife to ‘cut’ it in half and then in half again so you have four relatively equal parts. Scoop out 3 of those parts and add to the cream cheese mixture and mix until well combined.
Put your chocolate dip in a serving dish.
Use a fork or a whisk to stir and fluff up the remaining 1/4 of the Cool Whip left in the container so it’s really smooth. Dollop on top of the chocolate dip.
Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips if desired.
Serve with your favorite fruit. Store in the refrigerator.

I use the chocolate coolwhip and substitute Splenda for sugar for gbaby's diet

90Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Fri May 09, 2014 10:13 pm

gypsy

gypsy
gypsy wrote:Wow she has lost 65 pounds. that is fantastic~the delicious foods you cook,
it must be very hard for her to stay with her diet~
I have lost forty.. ssc why don;t you put pics here?would love to see your yard,flowers,decorating>and you~

91Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Thu May 15, 2014 10:52 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Cheesy Warm Vidalia Onion Dip Yield: About 4 to 6 servings

Ingredients

4 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
2-1/2 cups of chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
2 cups of mayonnaise
2-1/2 cups of shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
1/2 teaspoon of Cajun or Creole seasoning, or to taste, optional
1/2 package of Ritz crackers, crushed, optional

Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter or spray a 1-1/2 quart shallow casserole dish. Cook bacon and set aside to cool.

In a large bowl, blend together the onion, mayonnaise, 2 cups of the cheese and Cajun seasoning, if using. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle cracker crumbs on top. Bake at 375 degrees about 25 minutes or until bubbly and light golden brown on top. Garnish with crumbled bacon and let rest for 5 minutes before serving warm with crackers or pita, bagel, tortilla or corn chips. Place casserole dish on a warming tray to keep warm.

92Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Fri May 16, 2014 5:53 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
PINEAPPLE CHEESE BALL

1-1/2 packages (12 oz) cream cheese
1 small can crushed pineapple (well drained)
powdered sugar (to taste- approximately 2-3 Tbsp.)
green onion (optional-to taste, approximately 2 Tbsp.)
chopped ham (optional-to taste, approximately 2-3 Tbsp. I used deli meat ham)
chopped pecans (about 1 cup worth)

Combine all ingredients together.Mash into a ball and chill.Roll in crushed pecans.
Refrigerate until served.Serve with crackers.

93Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Mon May 19, 2014 10:21 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Smokey Southwest Cheese Dip

1 cup Sour Cream
1 cup diced or shredded Smoked Gouda
¾ cup shredded mild cheddar
¾ cup shredded provolone
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 small can yellow corn, drained and rinsed
1 small can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon all purpose spice
¼ cup spring onion or green onion, thinly sliced.

Preheat oven to 350F
In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix together well
Place into a 9" casserole dish
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until bubbly and melty

94Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Crispy Crab Nuggets Fri May 23, 2014 8:40 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Crispy Crab Nuggets

1 pound fresh crab meat
3 slices of white bread, crust removed or packaged bread crumbs
1 egg beaten
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
1 tablespoon parsley

Put breadcrumbs in food processor so they are chopped up fine(to save time). In a large bowl, mix together egg, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, and Old Bay seasoning. Add breadcrumbs and crab meat and mix by hand to avoid breaking up too many of the lumps. You may need to break up the very large lumps however so the crab balls will stay together. Shape into 24 balls and fry in batches in hot oil until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Serve with your favorite sauce or don't use any! These are so good!

95Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Fri May 23, 2014 9:18 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
http://www.buzzfeed.com/candacelowry/fast-food-favorites-you-can-easily-make-at-home

a large array of copycat recipes easier to just put the link,

96Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Fri May 23, 2014 10:31 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
That site really loads up on one page. I hate it when designers puts too much stuff on one page, makes things load slower and the page heavy. People with slow connections would have trouble with that, but fortunately I have a very fast connection, so fast they call it roadrunner. lol

97Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Fri May 23, 2014 10:54 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I was on it earlier it leads to so many other recipe sites too, I am more trying to save it so I don't lose the site on FB I found alot of things that sound easy to fix there.

98Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Fri May 23, 2014 11:06 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yeah I post videos sometimes so I can find it again easily.

99Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snacks Only !! Fri May 23, 2014 11:13 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I just did that with Into The Mystic, I had hunted that song for a long time

100Snacks Only !! - Page 4 Empty Crab Hushpuppies Sat May 24, 2014 11:23 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Crab Hushpuppies

oil, for frying
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon minced thyme
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic pepper
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup very fine bacon crumbles
1 cup fresh picked blue crabmeat

In a Dutch oven, heat oil to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, thyme, baking powder, salt, garlic pepper, baking soda and cayenne pepper.

In a small bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, and sour cream. Add to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in onions, bacon, and crabmeat.

Dip spoon into water and then a spoonful of the hushpuppy mixture. This will allow mixture to easily fall off the spoon. Drop by tablespoonfuls into hot oil, and fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum