Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

2Spray Paint Art Empty Re: Spray Paint Art Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:59 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Absolutely amazing, what talent he has, that is one thing I have never been talented at among other things, is painting, but to create what he did in an of itself is amazing enough, but to do it with spray can is astonishing.

3Spray Paint Art Empty Re: Spray Paint Art Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:08 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Anyone can paint if they are taught how to use the materials.

Chocolate box painting gets my Goat ...
I paint with my emotions. I was taught for 7 years. I have my own style which not everyone has.

I start with a household painting brush 2 1/2"

I use oils ... Start with blue sky and then add white...maybe a touch of lilac.
Layer upon paint in different thicknesses.

You can practice with house paint on a piece of old wood. Other implements are used besides brushes. I like the Hog Hair brush ....

The sky would be thin paint and the foreground would be thicker..all helps to add depth.

Shadows and highlights are painted ... then finished with a small fine brush to bring out SOME detail.

It would roughly take me 3 months because the oils take a week to dry.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

4Spray Paint Art Empty Re: Spray Paint Art Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:56 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I'm not good at drawing either, oh I've tried many times in school in little art classes but sucked big-time. Its funny because I have good taste in designing rooms and houses, I mean I really do and people have told me that, I could even judge them and maybe be on target, but to paint a picture or draw it on a canvas I'm not good at. Maybe thats why web designing is so appealing to me, because I can create the things I see in my head with a knowledge and a keyboard as opposed to drawing it with my hands on paper.

I'm also good with image editing programs, and create just about anything with them, but don't ask me to draw it on paper..lol

Oh course now days most architecture (blueprints) for buildings and houses are done with computers, and the designing of them, but painting a picture with your hands is a art in and of itself, unlike anything else.

Edit: On another note, its possible Michelangelo would have sucked on computers and web designing, who knows, the two are completely different but yet the same because it all starts with your mind.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]