You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Going Back to Work Empty Going Back to Work Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:39 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Well it seems my retirement is going to end for a few months, I recieved a call to head up a disaster crew and go to Moore Oklahoma. I have to be there by Friday to meet with FEMA, county and state and city officials. I'll jump on here when I can. Really was not expecting to ever go back to work, I am loving being retired but this money is just to good to pass up. I have this house on the market but my daughter can handle all of that. This will give me the chance to finish building the new house here and complete the remodel on the one I bought at Branson. I am crossing my fingers the tornados are finished in OK. and the hurricanes hold off here till I get back. I will catch up on posts when I can.

2Going Back to Work Empty Re: Going Back to Work Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:05 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Ok SSC be careful, stay safe and check in with us when you have a change and let us know how you are. Extra cash is always a good thing hope things go smoothly for ya. You are experienced at these things so they are lucky to get you. Take care.

3Going Back to Work Empty Re: Going Back to Work Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:02 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I meant to say when you have a "Chance" not change.. lol

4Going Back to Work Empty Re: Going Back to Work Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:14 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Heads up Tyler looks like you are going to get a visit from the first tropical storm of the year. Latest model is showing it going inland just north of you, so you will get the rain for sure. Be safe my friend !!!!!

5Going Back to Work Empty Re: Going Back to Work Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:02 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yeah it hit last night and we had rain all day today, but its starting to clear up now. It was a nice relief from the heat. They had several tornado warnings out but nothing too serious. In short it was just another typical June rainy day in FL. lol

6Going Back to Work Empty Re: Going Back to Work Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:15 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Just a quick hi and hope things are going ok, glad your storm wasn't to bad Tyler. All I can say about Moore is OMG, but these people are amazing and the out pouring of help is remarkable. Here it is neighbor helping neighbor, a very rare and valuable lesson in today's society.

7Going Back to Work Empty Re: Going Back to Work Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:45 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Rain out day which is fine with me, we had some really bad storms last night , these poor people trying to pick up their lives are sure fighting the elements, but it isn't breaking their spirit. Hope all are doing well. At least I get a chance to catch up on laundry and paper work today. Have a good one !!

8Going Back to Work Empty Re: Going Back to Work Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:57 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Hi welcome back! Well I hope the people there are feeling better, it gonna take a long time to get there lives back I'm sure.

Enjoy your day off lord knows you deserve it.

9Going Back to Work Empty Re: Going Back to Work Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:05 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Thanks Tyler you are right I need some down time today then back to 7 days a week 12-14 hrs in the field and back to the motel for a couple hours of paper work. I miss the forum but in the evenings I am just to tired to do anything but reply to e-mails and plan the next day. Take care my friend and pray the hurricanes stay away till I get back home at least.

10Going Back to Work Empty Re: Going Back to Work Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:12 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Happy 4th everyone !!!

11Going Back to Work Empty Re: Going Back to Work Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:15 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
One more week and it will be homeward bound !!!! I need some good home cookin and fresh seafood.
Interesting event last night, the police pulled over a semi infront of our motel, they did a search of the trailor and out popped 10 illegals (men) 4 minor girls , aprox.6 tons of pot and 400 lb. of coke. It was headed to Kansas City is what one of the cops told us. Never ending..

12Going Back to Work Empty Re: Going Back to Work Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:20 pm

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
We are the children of storms. I've sure seen plenty and so have you. I'll repeat: If you need any assistance of any kind, let me know.

13Going Back to Work Empty Re: Going Back to Work Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:56 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Thanks Moon, thought I would be Louisiana bound tonight but a week of rain has delayed our departure . I see a small puff heading west named Dorian, looks like it will have trouble with dry air, but the kids say our local weather reporters are not ruling out it making its way toward the gulf next week.

14Going Back to Work Empty Re: Going Back to Work Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:44 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Well another week won't be so bad, "may it pass quickly".haha Yes I seen that storm that looks like a hurricane heading right for us, I think next week its supposed to be real close to us. Might be Fl first hit this year.

15Going Back to Work Empty Re: Going Back to Work Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:15 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Home at last, now to catch up on what has been going on here..

16Going Back to Work Empty Re: Going Back to Work Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:17 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
SSC wrote:Home at last, now to catch up on what has been going on here..
Hi SSC welcome back. Not much going on. The biggest news was gypsy landed in the hospital with a pretty serious issue and is now out and slowly recovering. Havent seen much of moon lately don't know where he has been.

17Going Back to Work Empty Re: Going Back to Work Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:16 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Thanks Tyler, I'll have to check on Moon.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum