You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SSC

SSC
Admin

8 Democrats Running for Office in 2014 Who Want No Part of Obama’s Disastrous Policies
By Kevin Boyd
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/146363-8-quotes-democrats-running-away-obama-year/

A report today in National Journal shows that Democrat candidates across the country have had enough of President Barack Obama and are running away from him and his policies:
1) Arkansas Senator Mark Pryor on the Keystone Pipeline:

“When it comes to the Keystone XL pipeline, there’s no excuse for another delay. The President needs to approve this project now to ensure our future energy security and create jobs here at home.”

2) Louisiana Senator Mary Landrieu on the Obama administration’s climate change policies:

“The goal for me is not clean. It’s an important part of the equation, but it is not the goal…The goal is [energy] independence. The goal is security. The goal is reliability. And then also, as clean as possible.”

3) Alaska Senator Mark Begich is very clear on what he wants from Barack Obama:

“I don’t need him campaigning for me — I need him to change some of his policies…”

4) West Virginia Governor Earl Ray Tomblin on the Obama administration’s new rules on coal:

“If these rules are put into place, our manufacturers may be forced to look overseas for more reasonable energy costs, taking good paying jobs with them and leaving hardworking West Virginians without jobs to support their families. We must make every effort to create opportunities for our young people, not hinder them.”

5) Maine Senate candidate Shenna Bellows on Obamacare’s individual mandate:

“When I talk to people on the campaign trail, they are literally choosing between food and heating their homes in this cold winter. And so the idea of one more bill, even if there’s a tax credit at the end of the year, is just too much for people to take. So yes, we certainly need to eliminate the individual mandate as it currently stands. It’s not going to work for some people.”

6) Failed Florida Congressional candidate Alex Sink on Obamacare in the FL-13 special election:

“Well, I wouldn’t describe my position as having embraced Obamacare.”

7) Kentucky Senate candidate Allison Lundergan Grimes on the Obama administration’s new rules on coal:

“President Obama’s new EPA rule is more proof that Washington isn’t working for Kentucky. Coal keeps the lights on in the Commonwealth, providing a way for thousands of Kentuckians to put food on their tables. When I’m in the U.S. Senate, I will fiercely oppose the President’s attack on Kentucky’s coal industry because protecting our jobs will be my number one priority.”

8) West Virginia Senate candidate Natalie Tennant once supported Obama’s coal polices but now opposes them:

“Railing about the Obama administration’s policy on coal, as satisfying as it may be, isn’t enough. When I’m elected to the United States Senate, I will push for a new partnership between [the] coal industry and government that recognizes the contribution of coal to the world economy.”

It looks like some Democrats are figuring out that Americans are fed up with Obama’s costly, economy-damaging policies. But are they just throwing him under the bus so they can win an election, or are do they actually intend to keep the promises they are making?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum