You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1New Beginning for aMERICA Empty New Beginning for aMERICA Tue May 20, 2008 10:24 am

gypsy

gypsy
Well in a few months, the last administration will be past(I hope)
it has been a rough ,tumultuous ,time for Americans
most know how I feel now about that..no need to restate those..
now it is a time for America to rebuild, become united again,Bring back the pride..

I hope who ever wins in November has the strength, endurance.intelligence to do this..
maybe then we will be loved again by outher countries..and our own people..

the first

concern
is try to ease out of this War, that should have never happened.
I know some disagree..

I will be so happy to wake up on a bright winter day in January, and see a different face as our president..

it will be a difficult time the next four years,we need to heal, i hope this next president/congress work together, an do this~
Start helping the people in American who need us~fix our own problems,work must start in our own back yard~

hopefull this prez, can do what has not been done the last eight years..

A lot of healing,I hope we all can do it,working together..

Peace'/Love New Beginning for aMERICA 167625

Last edited by gypsy on Tue May 20, 2008 11:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : mistakes, probably still some lol)

2New Beginning for aMERICA Empty well lets see, now Tue May 20, 2008 9:01 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
yep a new face, think u paint a bit to bleak a picture of the past times, .. oil will always now be high, as they said on the news, china and india is what is putting so much pressure on the suppy, that the US has been using less , i think that was said,
it will be a close election, so i really dont see healing, ppl i know hate obama, dearly,, so if he wins he will always be a lightning rod, but in a way, i hope he wins, its way more fun to be the basher than the bashee, lol,,
if we come home from iraq, does not mean the end of the war, its global , just will embolden the terrorist, the ones that are at war with us. we have been lucky there has not been anything like 9-11, since then, but eventually something will happen, the FBI and CIA and homeland security have been good at catching things before they get offf the ground, along with help or other countrys intel, but eventually something will slip through, i dont see much changing, who ever wins will not have a mandate since i see a close election, that always makes it tough..i hope if anything slips through its not biological, that is easy and that does scare me, glad i dont live in like new york, after saying all this there is one democrate, that has made mistakes, but we all do, and his family has served this country well, and suffered much sorrow, and ted kennedy need all our prayers , for the ppl here that believe that way,,, and if not well wishes, take care

3New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Tue May 20, 2008 9:14 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Hi Rosco, glad my posts so draw ur attention` all i am saying is so glad this era will be closed(Bush)

any healing will be grand,don't u think` ??lots of conflict for the last eight years~
we will always differ in thoughts/solutions/ what are ur ideas for healing our country?(solutions?

I voted, hope everyone else will`this is a new beginning coming up 2009,,where did the years go~ passed to fast>>not>> wasn't fast enough`Yes!!!

America! i love my country~ but it does need some upgrading~

I think who ever is elected, the first year will tell us how great they are~ any improvement will be a great accomplishment~

take care!!

Last edited by gypsy on Wed May 21, 2008 3:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : mistakes and new additions~)

4New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Tue May 20, 2008 9:17 pm

gypsy

gypsy
ps~ yes, God Bless Ted, and Family, they have suffered horrific sorrow!!

5New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Tue May 20, 2008 11:17 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well i have done well under Bush . the Gas situation is a world oil usage problem not ours exclusively. the world has started using more, mainly china and india.. what hurt me the most but it may have happened anyway, is loosing where i worked for 20 years, yes i make just as good money as before, and same basically benefits maybe even better healthcare money wise.but i dont love it like i loved what felt like home., one thing that hurt me was president Clinton being for nafta and with the help of a republican congress, passed it, so where i worked, closed, but may have closed anyway, they opened a plant in mexico, but they have plants all over the united states and the world, so it may have happened anyway.. but i was not for nafta. and clinton pushed that, but i liked clinton other than that, and it seems kentucky loves hillary, that is one of her largest wins, wow, ,, she should have won this contest, if rev, wright had come out earlier, at the beginning, obama would have never got his campaign off the ground.. she took the swing states , the big states, with no winner take all, like the republicans have, and she took florida, my fear is if obama wins he will not stand up to other countries no matter what they do. it will be interestig to see how the congressinal contest go, i heard maybe dems up 20 seats in the house and 7 seats up in the senate., if not there will be gridlock,, but like some president said , gridlock is not alway bad, as congress passes some bills that are a total waist of money,,,it will be a interesting summer and fall, i look forward to it.,,
we had so many close calls that have gone our way, that made history, i Have thanked the Lord, Bush senior, was in office when Kuwait was overran, way to many things to remember, but our beating other countrys, to nuclear weapons, imagine if hitler had them first, and even the battle of midway,that started the end of the pacific war. we just most the time have things go our way, is it luck, i dont believe in luck, i think it something much larger that plays a hand in it, but i will hush now, nuclear power is hard to justify, using, but it probably saved my dads life if japan was to be invaded, and one school of thought is it kept a world war III at bay , because the russian are smart ppl , not like terrorist, they knew as we did, it would be total destruction of each country with no winner, ok now i will hush, take care,

6New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Tue May 20, 2008 11:32 pm

gypsy

gypsy
very good ,sane ,post, I agree with most of it! Rosco..
I do think the arrorgance of some americans can be our downfall,some of us are to Cocky` u agree Rosco?
we will see,as i said i like obama,but some things about him scared me~

but i like his thoughts of peace, wish he had outlined how to solve some issues,that is what made me unsure of him.. i do think he is as honest as any politician i know

take care

7New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Tue May 20, 2008 11:57 pm

gypsy

gypsy
ps~ Rosco! war is a bleak picture~ war for oil?? plus the last 8 years have been bleak, 9/11, katrina,,many things have made it so~

Last edited by gypsy on Wed May 21, 2008 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrections Grrr:()

8New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:47 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well there will always be katinas, there was a camile, cant stop hurricanes, not even a president, lol. time will tell on the next 4 or 8 years, it may not change much. depends, on many things,,we get a cost of living raise, i hope gas is figured in,lol,, but for now, its higher, and will be, but seems u kinda get use to it, small cars will sell, and are,,

9New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:35 pm

gypsy

gypsy
yep a new face, think u paint a bit to bleak a picture of the past times>> Rosco said<<

and again i state War is a Bleak time.so is .unemployment, now there are approximately 350 thousand unemployed,.. five percent increase last month,.

construction is only limited to some parts of the states, and they are running out of money to finish..and who are employed in that construction? mostly non citizens>>yes it is time for change, and I pray it is a better time~for America
yes, i see a bleak picture, but I see also a light at the end of the tunnel ,and it ain't a train LOL

I read where some one said it is america's hangover, yes these last eight years, have been like a hangover.. time to jump on the wagon..sober up and get to work.. New Beginning for aMERICA 395863

10New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:17 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
A new wind blowing ? There will always be war, the oil crisis, truth be know probably isn't so devastating, and the past 8 years were profitable as far as I am concerned, The Katrinas and Betsys and Ivans and Hugos will all come again, no man can stop the weather, only learn from the impact and improve .
Whether it be Democrat or Republician in office we as a great nation should stand behind our government, and support them.
To stand in the shadows singing the shoulda, coulda, woulda song shows great lack of intestional fortitude. Step up join in making a difference, not just an arm chair preacher.

Last edited by SSC on Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

11New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:33 pm

gypsy

gypsy
then we need to deploy new techniques for a different fuel, instead of fighting for oil..
also i read where China has more or less taken over Africa, ,that is very detrimental ,as far as oil is concerned,, as far as standing in the shadows!! aren't we all concerning our gov't?? just a thought... these are my opinions~

12New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:35 pm

gypsy

gypsy
ps and no i do not support this present president ,or his standards, someone has to speak up`
have a good day
l

13New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:06 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
To show a lack of unity, is fuel in a terrorists mind. United we stand, divided we fall...

14New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:13 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
SSC wrote:A new wind blowing ? There will always be war, the oil crisis, truth be know probably isn't so devastating, and the past 8 years were profitable as far as I am concerned, The Katrinas and Betsys and Ivans and Hugos will all come again, no man can stop the weather, only learn from the impact and improve .
Whether it be Democrat or Republician in office we as a great nation should stand behind our government, and support them.
To stand in the shadows singing the shoulda, coulda, woulda song shows great lack of intestional fortitude. Step up join in making a difference, not just an arm chair preacher.

There will "always" be war? It isn't so devastating? Thats a pretty grim outlook I would say. I think war is very devastating and as a result many lives are lost in the process, so that makes it devastating. Standing behind our government will not accomplish anything but continuation of the same old thing. If you stand behind someones beliefs on how to run this country then fine, but if you don't stand behind them I don't think you should blindly support them. Its the people who voice there opinion of disapproval and explaining their rational to others is how things get changed. They vote accordingly in the following election.

15New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:17 pm

gypsy

gypsy
sorry , I disagree, with respect..if we all stood by and just let what we don't believe is right , would be more destructive..
This Beautiful America is in Trouble, and i am not just speaking in the shadows,or preaching, like u i have a different view~ this has been the worse eight years since the /vietnam war
to each his own..
we all have our individual thoughts/opinions..

Most Americans now see the light, through the (DARK) shadows of Bush LOL

16New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:21 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
To only single out the Vietnam war is excluding many other trying times in our history, post WW-1 & WW-2 were also very hard pressed times in the economy, and the mental attitude of the nation. For the person who thinks an administrative change will provide a quick fix , sadly it will be slow if ever in coming. The new promise of a political hopeful sounds good at the podium, but to carry it out will take years .
Lets just hope we have these years to be patient and wait for the new wave to take hold.

17New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:42 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:yep a new face, think u paint a bit to bleak a picture of the past times>> Rosco said<<

and again i state War is a Bleak time.so is .unemployment, now there are approximately 350 thousand unemployed,.. five percent increase last month,.

construction is only limited to some parts of the states, and they are running out of money to finish..and who are employed in that construction? mostly non citizens>>yes it is time for change, and I pray it is a better time~for America
yes, i see a bleak picture, but I see also a light at the end of the tunnel ,and it ain't a train LOL

I read where some one said it is america's hangover, yes these last eight years, have been like a hangover.. time to jump on the wagon..sober up and get to work.. New Beginning for aMERICA 395863

u posted a 5 percent increase in umemployment, that is not true i could find the exact amounts but i will post what i remember, and may be off a tenth or so, but it was about 5 percent and went to 5 and half percent, so half percent increase, and that may be to high, because im not sure 5 percent even was what it was but if it increased 5 percent that would make it 10 percent which as u can see is totally wrong, , like i said i did not look it up but i dont think no where in history it doubled, i think it stands at 5 and a half percent, or there abouts..

18New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:05 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Biggest jobless jump since '86 — Wall Street sinks - Yahoo! News
Economists believe the 5.5 percent nationwide unemployment rate may overstate the weakness in the job market. But they still say it's heading higher. ...
news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080606/ap_on_bi_go_ec_fi/economy - 55k - Cached - Similar pages
Unemployment Rate Jumps to 5.5 Percent in May - washingtonpost.com
The unemployment rate skyrocketed in May, the government said today, as employers cut more jobs.
feeds.washingtonpost.com/.../rss/linkset/2005/03/24/LI2005032400102_xml/~3/306084816/AR2008060601470.html - Similar pages
Newsvine - New numbers are expected to show slower job growth
The unemployment report for May will be released on Friday. Analysts are expecting that the overall civilian jobless rate will edge up to 5.1 percent, ...
www.newsvine.com/_news/2008/06/06/1547460-unemployment-rate-jumps-to-55-percent-in-may - 42k - Cached - Similar pages
Unemployment rate jumps to 5.5 percent in May - Business on The ...
The nation's unemployment rate jumped to 5.5 percent in May, the biggest monthly rise since 1986, as nervous employers cut 49000 jobs. ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/06/unemployment-rate-jumps-t_n_105630.html - 57k - Cached - Similar pages
News Puts Economy Atop Political Agenda - washingtonpost.com
A historic leap in oil prices, tumbling stocks and the biggest jump in unemployment in over two decades pushed economic issues back to the forefront of the ...
www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/06/AR2008060601470.html?hpid=topnews

19New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:15 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
SSC wrote: For the person who thinks an administrative change will provide a quick fix , sadly it will be slow if ever in coming. The new promise of a political hopeful sounds good at the podium, but to carry it out will take years .
I couldn't agree more, as I have stated in the past, a president can't do as much as people think they can. A lot of things they would like to do need to be voted on by congress, they can't just wave their magic wand and make everything they want to do happen. Its so screwed up with red tape and other nonsense to the extent that its amazing anything ever changes.

20New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:36 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:
SSC wrote: For the person who thinks an administrative change will provide a quick fix , sadly it will be slow if ever in coming. The new promise of a political hopeful sounds good at the podium, but to carry it out will take years .
I couldn't agree more, as I have stated in the past, a president can't do as much as people think they can. A lot of things they would like to do need to be voted on by congress, they can't just wave their magic wand and make everything they want to do happen. Its so screwed up with red tape and other nonsense to the extent that its amazing anything ever changes.

i agree i posted unemployment went to 5.5 which was about a half percent not 5 percent as gysey said, which is what it was about,, i dont understand gypsy keep saying a war for oil, like we are pulling up to iraq and filling up tankers, lol, i will say the first war, we could NOT let sadam keep kuwaits oil along with freeing the kuwait ppl,as it would change the balance of the region, and u know saudis ass hole was drawn up saying please american help, as they were vunerable at that point, and dont think if we pull out of iraq the war is over, it will embolden the terrorist to spread and put terrorist cells to plan more devastating attacks here in the states, iraqi will become a blood bath with the different muslim factions fighting for power with iran backing one, and maybe even taking part, but trust me if isreal sees a real threat, to them they will intervine, and it will not be pretty, they will not play, if they take action it will not be pussy footing around it willl be a hammer, as for the oil its a world problem as the G8 have been meeting on it, and trying to put pressure for an increase in the amount being pumped., as the oil problem is not just effecting the USA< its effecting many countrys, there is a large new post on aol on the G8 meeting on this now or just finished, its a world wide problem ,,and whoever is president the war will continue, as the terrorist have stated , they will not end ,the united states will be under constant plans of attack,

21New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:46 pm

gypsy

gypsy
u misunderstood rosco, or else i worded it wrong, any way read my urls..I said 5 percent increase in may,I should have said jumped to 5.5percent in may.. I know the president can't do it without congress, but more concentration needs to be focused on the U S not war,and yes basically it was a war for oil, to gain control

have u been sleeping? Sleep

22New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:51 pm

gypsy

gypsy
and constant plans for attacks? there already are. any way that is speculation ur part, and my part~

23New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:55 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
no i have not been sleeping , u have,, it seems,, we are not taking iraq oil away, it is sold on the worlds market, its oil fields and pipelines are under constant attack by terrorist, how did i missunderstand when u said a 5 percent increase, DUH? u did not say a .5 increase as it was,good grief,,
lol,.,. with iraq being left hanging the terrorist that are crossing iran, from affganistan, will set up new cells in iraq with a vaccum of power there,, i almost hope obama wins so like tyler and ssc said things will not change, with congress, they try to pass a law and tie on so much pork its better to not pass one at all, that is why it has been said gridlock is really not all that bad, it stops waist, who ever wins it will be a close vote so no president willl have a mandate so half the country will be against him, fox news after a few weeks will have a field day with him,

24New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:08 pm

gypsy

gypsy
HUH?? LOL whateva!! i must be reading wrong news>> or tv news
chill
Rosco.. New Beginning for aMERICA 76627

25New Beginning for aMERICA Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:11 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
yep when u say something HUH? is the word of the day.. lol

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum