You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

SSC

SSC
Admin
My Dear Rosco, as a rule we agree but if for one minute you think just because you were holding your wife's hand in labor puts you in the class of being in labor then you have lost your ever lovin mind. Rolling Eyes
In my line of work you don't screw your way to the top you work your ass off to get there. We have women equipment operators, who usually are more conscientious about their machine than the men. We have women truck drivers who load and unload heavy equipment including shackling down. Never underestimate a woman or her ability to fit into any work force.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:My Dear Rosco, as a rule we agree but if for one minute you think just because you were holding your wife's hand in labor puts you in the class of being in labor then you have lost your ever lovin mind. Rolling Eyes
In my line of work you don't screw your way to the top you work your ass off to get there. We have women equipment operators, who usually are more conscientious about their machine than the men. We have women truck drivers who load and unload heavy equipment including shackling down. Never underestimate a woman or her ability to fit into any work force.

oh she had that epidural and never felt a thing, lol,,, u know u cant believe every thing i write, we were union, so the females welders mainly, worked as good as the men and better than some but we only had 2 out of like 50,all this is where i use to work now as for the sex on the paint line, well that was real, but it was mutual but not to get ahead as we were union everyone involved was union members,, ,,,where i work now i was mainly on sex talking about office romances, we have no women working in the manufacturing process, or machining process, actually where i work now we have no wimmins,period but main office does,across town adn i know there are some office romances, my boss said when he retires and can talk hes writing a book, .. he know where all the bodys are buried..
take care

SSC wrote:Never underestimate a woman or her ability to fit into any work force.

Now another woman has spoken! cheers I had about decided I was the only REAL woman on this forum. lol!

gypsy wrote:
FIGI wrote:
rosco 357 wrote:i have wondered what thing women have problems with also, i take my daughters for example. they have good jobs and they never even went to find one, the drs office job fell into ones of their laps,.all insurance paid,

then the other one got on just to burn patients info onto cds, but soon they hired another girl for that , who was in college,so my youngest daughter was in the office then,,,,

then some guy in a related business that knew them through the drs office, hired both of them,out from under the dr, and the dr offered more moneyto stay, but they left and got 3 bucks an hour raise the first year,so they make more now than the dr offered by a good bit,, and its good, they work as bookeepers, in an office for this company..

they said in the drs office he would only hire females, so men seem to have a problem there. , my girls make good money, and all health insurance for their whole family , blue cross is paid in full, i think women have it better than men, since manufacture jobs seem to be going over seas,,,,plus women have half the money and allllll the pussy!!! lmao... so who has it better, forgive me. its a saying i heard 25 years ago,, those kinds stay with ya, lol,,,take care

That is great for your daughters. They are fortunate to have landed such good jobs. I won't bore you with why women are usually hired for receptionist type jobs, but there are those of us who have worked right along side of a man and made half as much. Now, the wage gap is about 2 % because intelligent women are fed up. We are helping other women earn educations so that she doesn't have to put up with sexist crap. Btw, it has nothing to do with our genitalia whether or not we are successful. A skull houses the female brain, whereas, guys have that *thang* that houses your brains, so it would follow that you would tend to shoot out "pissy" remarks. Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 415675

Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 592180

And thanks Gypsy for your applause. I wonder if that "soap box" scaled down speech would get a standing ovation in an ALL women's group? Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 729264

30Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 Empty The end! Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:28 pm

Thanks to everyone who posted their thoughts and feelings about my initial post.
One of the things I enjoy about this forum is the diversity.
I admit I went a bit heavy handed and was chuckling to myself the entire time. I am a little devil's advocate sometimes.

I do so much appreciate the debating, but most of all, for giving me the opportunity to stir things up a bit. You guys did your best to set me straight in good humor by taking the debate down a touchy road. I loved it!

But, since I know two of you through private conversations, I know you guys were just giving me hell. Pushing the envelope, so to speak, to have a good debate with this old hard nosed gal from Texas. (Yes, I do know how to be a "lady" as well.)

The two of you have an appreciation for the intellect parallel to the beauty aspect of Sarah Palin.
So keep posting those wonderful photos of Palin and know that I do appreciate the fact that you are using her as a symbol reflecting a woman of success in her endeavors in governing positions . . . as governor of Alaska and now in the running for Vice President of the United States of America.

If I offended anyone by my over zealous remarks just consider the source. . . . I am woman!

gypsy

gypsy
FIGI wrote:
gypsy wrote:
FIGI wrote:
rosco 357 wrote:i have wondered what thing women have problems with also, i take my daughters for example. they have good jobs and they never even went to find one, the drs office job fell into ones of their laps,.all insurance paid,

then the other one got on just to burn patients info onto cds, but soon they hired another girl for that , who was in college,so my youngest daughter was in the office then,,,,

then some guy in a related business that knew them through the drs office, hired both of them,out from under the dr, and the dr offered more moneyto stay, but they left and got 3 bucks an hour raise the first year,so they make more now than the dr offered by a good bit,, and its good, they work as bookeepers, in an office for this company..

they said in the drs office he would only hire females, so men seem to have a problem there. , my girls make good money, and all health insurance for their whole family , blue cross is paid in full, i think women have it better than men, since manufacture jobs seem to be going over seas,,,,plus women have half the money and allllll the pussy!!! lmao... so who has it better, forgive me. its a saying i heard 25 years ago,, those kinds stay with ya, lol,,,take care

That is great for your daughters. They are fortunate to have landed such good jobs. I won't bore you with why women are usually hired for receptionist type jobs, but there are those of us who have worked right along side of a man and made half as much. Now, the wage gap is about 2 % because intelligent women are fed up. We are helping other women earn educations so that she doesn't have to put up with sexist crap. Btw, it has nothing to do with our genitalia whether or not we are successful. A skull houses the female brain, whereas, guys have that *thang* that houses your brains, so it would follow that you would tend to shoot out "pissy" remarks. Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 415675

Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 592180

And thanks Gypsy for your applause. I wonder if that "soap box" scaled down speech would get a standing ovation in an ALL women's group? Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 729264

thanks Figi, but I still don't agree with Palin, she is beautiful but not vice/pres material.. plus I don't like her same old doctrine, we have had for eight years, the attention should be on issues/qualifications, not looks
and after all McCain is the one running for pres, not palin..I do hope America wakes up!!
I did enjoy your soap box presentation, and i saw a lot of truth in what you posted, plus i did chuckle some also..

Last edited by gypsy on Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

SSC

SSC
Admin
Once the awe struck people can get past the shock of a woman in VP contention , plus the bruised egos of Hillary supporters since Obama didn't feel she was VP material, maybe then Palin's credentials will be accepted and acknowledged that she is totally capable of handeling any situation.
Once again the reference to ...THE LAST 8 YEARS...why not do a little open Bush bashing instead of a closet reference to the past 8 years.

gypsy

gypsy
ssc did I mention Bush? no.. the complete congress, senate , administration.. for the last 8 years.. don't read something not there.. Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 393252

SSC

SSC
Admin
Gypsy, your reference to BUSH..BUSH has been echoed so many times on these boards it resonates as bad as a broken record.

35Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 Empty just a tad of my humor Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:02 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
Little Known Fact: the Northern Lights are really just the reflection from Sarah Palin's eyes.
Little Known Fact: It's not raining in DC. Those are God's tears of joy that McCain picked Sarah Palin.
Little Known Fact: Sarah Palin's hotness is the largest single contributor to melting polar ice caps.
Little Known Fact: Sarah Palin once carved a perfect likeness of the Mona Lisa in a block of ice using only her teeth.
Little Known Fact: Sarah Palin was kicked off Survivor for killing a man and eating his entrails.

gypsy

gypsy
SSC wrote:Gypsy, your reference to BUSH..BUSH has been echoed so many times on these boards it resonates as bad as a broken record.
:rotfl:he is a bad record Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 457757

SSC

SSC
Admin
as was the last Dem. administration

38Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 Empty just an opinion Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:32 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
if macCain who is more than qualified to be president had picked a good ole boy, as obama did.. i dont think macCain would be in the position to win as he is now, what he did choosing sarah, has changed the whole race. now we have a race,even in congress now,, and he met with palin way back in febuary. i like her not for looks(well it dont hurt) but ideas as i think she brings other assets to the contest, in her knowledge of the energy supplys.as has been stated for years the vp once elected is a do nothing job,, i dont think this will be so because of her personality, and just being a women, she may take some of the role away from cindy MacCain, or not, they may compliment each other..anyway she has changed the landscape of this election, and it now not boring...pray if u do that,, for texas,. i know some here do not like her or would not vote, well those ppl would not vote republican anyways and u know that and know what i mean., so her being where she is has no effect in their choice anyways, polls will change as they always do with different events that happen, i hope i spelled polls correct this time lol, yall take care ya hear..

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:
SSC wrote:Gypsy, your reference to BUSH..BUSH has been echoed so many times on these boards it resonates as bad as a broken record.
:rotfl:he is a bad record Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 457757

gyp im shocked are u trying to tell us u have not supported our president, or liked his administration, im shocked i for one had no idea u felt that way, i dont know if others here knew ur views, u need to make ur views on our president more understandable, take care,

gypsy

gypsy
hey cowboy!! I thought I had, just an all American observation, except for those..few..
but i do agree the complete gov't needs upgraded, and reviewed Dems and Repubs, both have faltered and failed.

Peace// vote for obama/biden 2008. lol!

SSC

SSC
Admin
ahhhhhhhhhhh now I see Gypsy is a left over hippie ...bet she goes all the way back to tye-dye and draft card burning, thought the air of a dissident was becoming very apparent, even in the absence of the champion of all condemnation. Very interesting flower true flower child

gypsy

gypsy
Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 729264 Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 729264 Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 729264 Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 729264 Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 729264

SSC

SSC
Admin
very insightful..you expressed my feelings perfectly

gypsy

gypsy
Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 393252

SSC

SSC
Admin
Wonder how the Red Cross is coming along with donations ? With all the fraud in recent disasters it seems they are running very short on funds.

gypsy

gypsy
Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 76627 Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 393252

SSC

SSC
Admin
the old adage Silence is Golden certainly is obvious here..wonder why Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 37361

gypsy

gypsy
Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 335431

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
Mother of five, moose hunter, NRA life member, husband belongs to a union, wears skirts, God-fearing new-generation pro-life woman, 80 percent governor approval rating and most conservative candidate on any ticket since Ronald Reagan. I hope McCain isn't a drag on the ticket. lol take care

If John McCain can grow boobs, he stands a better chance. Decide for yourself who will be the best candidate to ensure equity for all workingwomen. . . I offer no comment. - Page 2 729264

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum