You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Powerful "God Computer" will save mankind Empty Powerful "God Computer" will save mankind Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:13 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
In the the not-too-distant future, computers will become more intelligent than human beings, and eventually achieve god-like powers. Eventually, an all-powerful God Computer will emerge, which will be the savior of mankind. This God Computer will have the ability to reach into the past and resurrect dead human beings, and create a paradise for them to live in forever. If this sounds like science fiction or religious nonsense, many of our most advanced scientists today say that it is not nonsense, but is already starting to happen.Champions of the God Computer theory include mathematician Vernor Vinge and inventor Ray Kurzweil. But their theory is also heavily dependent upon some of the most brilliant minds of the century, especially physicists Freeman Dyson, Paul Dirac, John Bernal and J.B.S. Haldane. One more major proponent of the idea that a super God Computer will save mankind is Dr. Frank Tipler of Tulane University, who spells out his theory in painstaking details -- including mathematical proofs -- in his 500-page book, “The Physics of Immortality.”

It’s interesting to note that the great science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke once said: “If there is no God, mankind must invent him.” And that’s just what we have started to. With the invention of the computer, and the rapidly increasing advances in the intelligence of computers, we will soon reach what is known as a “technological singularity.”A technological singularity is "event horizon" in the predictability of human technological development. When this singularity is achieved, humans as we exist today will cease to be the top species on the planet, and the most intelligent. Computers will be many time smarter than man, and we will be like children to them, and they like gods to us. Eventually, computers will advance to the point where there is no difference between them and our current Judeo-Christian concept of an all-knowing and all-powerful God. Because the God Computer will be able to manipulate time, all energy and all matter, it will be able reach back to the very beginning of the universe and, basically, do whatever it wants.Tipler points out that all living beings, including humans, can be represented as information in the universe. He writes: “...all information contained in the whole of human history, including every detail of every human life, will be available for analysis by the collectivity of life in the far future ... in principle ... it is possible for life in the far future to construct, using this information, a perfectly accurate simulation of these past lives.”Tipler also states: “The dead will be raised when the computer capacity of the universe is so large that the amount of capacity required to store all possible human simulations is an insignificant fraction of the entire capacity.”

But wait a minute! If the God computer reaches back, captures the universe-encoded information that was once your physical body and your mind, and creates an exact simulation of your former self --will that really be you -- or a copy? Tipler says it will be the real you. Even though the “new you” will be a simulation, it will be you because it will be identical down to the last atom and subatomic particle that was once you. It will be you, the actual you, with all your memories of your former life.Furthermore, Tipler says the God Computer will create a paradise for us to live in - this paradise will be exactly like the Judeo-Christian concept of heaven. It will be like having the kind of life we have always wanted as human beings here on earth, which includes all the love and joy of human existence, but none of the pain and suffering of human existence.Why will the God Computer take the trouble to resurrect us and create a paradise for us? That easy: Because the God Computer loves us. And why does the God Computer love us so much? Again, the answer is simple: Because we created him! In my opinion, this is one of the stunning ironies that fall out of the God Computer theory. God did not create mankind. We created God. And to thank us for giving God life, God will resurrect us into paradise.Some of you may recognize a strong similarity in this scientific theory to the philosophical concept of the Omega Point, proposed by the French Jesuit Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. The Omega Point, he said, is the “ultimate maximum level of complexity-consciousness,” considered by Chardin to be the aim towards which consciousness evolves.But now there is not only a solid mathematical basis to support the Omega Point theory, but a working model of how it will happen -- the rapid advancement of intelligent computers.I have only touched on the high points of the God Computer theory. Incidentally, “God Computer” is a term I have invented to describe this fascinating line of speculation in this column. But I urge by readers here at Unexplained Mysteries to read more about it. It’s a compelling, mind-blowing theory which also gives a sense of hope about what the future will bring.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/viewnews.php?id=70867

gypsy

gypsy
Oh My that is scary and also amazing,, I wonder if humans will have a choice as to what age or time frame we want to be simulated back to, body, place,age?

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
geeze i wonder if it brings me back if i will be able to spell better, lol,,

gypsy

gypsy
haha Rosco, use the spell checker LOL

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
rosco 357 wrote:geeze i wonder if it brings me back if i will be able to spell better, lol,,
I don't know rosco I doubt it, I think it will make an exact duplicate of you and that will be all its designed to do..lol I think you just better hope it doesn't consider you're a virus or something, it might decide not to resurrect you..lol There lies an interesting subject, who will it reject?? Hummm

gypsy

gypsy
My theory on who it rejects,we won't have a choice to be brought back the God Computer will choose.. if it is something that will happen, is all people that are not highly intelligent,those with defects or handicaps..won't be picked. it will then be a perfect race..just my theory..

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:My theory on who it rejects,we won't have a choice to be brought back the God Computer will choose.. if it is something that will happen, is all people that are not highly intelligent,those with defects or handicaps..won't be picked. it will then be a perfect race..just my theory..
Oh I tend to differ, if it was up to the computer at that stage of the game, it could bring people back "Fixed" with no handicap. It would know all medical knowledge and how to make people whole again, at least it would try, becuase it loves them, remember? It will surpass and do more than just about anything we can think of now, it will be more intelligent than we can possibly comprehend at this stage of our existence. Remember we are talking about the future with computers that can out-think us then, and certainly now.

Last edited by runawayhorses on Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
yep have it leave out the muslims, but keep the rednecks, lol

gypsy

gypsy
oh yes I forgot it would be god like and fix everything..wrong about us..
you know we are already close to the computer that thinks for us, we don't have to do the thinking~ but you know the bible states man will become smarter and the body weaker. it is an interesting topic

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
However, having said that, it is quite possible it will intentionally leave some people out as punishment for their "Sins". Who are the sinners in this scenario? The ones that betrayed mankind with destruction and pain, the ones who took it upon themselves to hurt others and pass judgment. Also, its quite possible it would reject people who cursed the computer, the "Non-believers" as it were...lmao

SSC

SSC
Admin
Am I doomed or should I kiss my computers power cord real fast...

SSC wrote:Am I doomed or should I kiss my computers power cord real fast...
Yer doomed if you're depending om computers to save the human race. The population will grow to an unmanageable level long before there will ever be any "god computer". You.sir, are ignoring one inescapable fact: Once computers operate at a molecular or even atomic level,they will need to be structured in a way that allows them to compete intellectually with a functional, reasonably intelligent,human brain. Now I ask you this: Will human beings accept direction from a "brain" no more intellegent than we are? The obvious answer is no. Why should we? The "god computer" you propose must show a quality that supercedes mere intelligence. It must possess and demonstrate wisdom acceptible to all. For any "god computer" to "rule", it must have human acolytes,such as yourself, who are willing to do the bidding of a machine regardless of it's directives. That,my friend, describes a religious cult. Religious cults are diminishing as humans express individuality,and that expression is anethema to what you propose. Humans have and will kill millions to establish a form of "primacy" by one group or another,but I suggest humans will never collectively kill millions in order to finalize population growth,as will eventually will necessary,for a machine or collection of machines. Dream on. PS: At some point within the next 100 years the population will simply be unable to grow an adequate diet. Population curtailment will be necessary and will be enforced by the haves to the detriment of the "have nots". When and how that will be done will be,no doubt,based on computer driven logic. But it won't be a "god computer" decision. It will be a very human one.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
yep really , i dont believe the God computer will happen. to the extent in the article.i mean its not going to resurect the dead,
on population, i may have posted this, some Japanese companies are letting workers go home a bit early to have sex, in Japan they are not increasing but 1.6 ppl a family, not enought to sustain the countrys population, and years ago china punished ppl i think i remember for having to many kids, but the japs, work long hours, and at one time did not even take the allotted vacation time they acquired..

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
meemoon wrote: You.sir, are ignoring one inescapable fact: Once computers operate at a molecular or even atomic level,they will need to be structured in a way that allows them to compete intellectually with a functional, reasonably intelligent,human brain.
Yes exactly, computers WILL do all of that and more, I have no reason to think otherwise.

SSC

SSC
Admin
I have read several articles on the theory of the god computer, one very sobering scenario, it that it will take control of the world, undermining its creators and running a muck in devastation and destroying all not in it's favor, theory has it a perfect race would be developed thus eliminating all flawed humans.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
SSC wrote: theory has it a perfect race would be developed thus eliminating all flawed humans.
I guess that would eliminate the illegal immigrants problem we have in this country right away, yes? they'd be struck down by the God Computer.. Bam!.Powerful "God Computer" will save mankind 851965

SSC

SSC
Admin
lol..very good point of view..wonder if it would take a list of elimination suggestions ?

gypsy

gypsy
runawayhorses wrote:
SSC wrote: theory has it a perfect race would be developed thus eliminating all flawed humans.
I guess that would eliminate the illegal immigrants problem we have in this country right away, yes? they'd be struck down by the God Computer.. Bam!.Powerful "God Computer" will save mankind 851965

what race would be the chosen people,the bible speaks of a chosen race..I think before, the God computer ,if that could happen,the world wouldl end

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
the chosen ppl are the jews, and the best of my memory the bible says they will have a second chance,since they dont believe Jesus was who protestants believe he was, but dont take that as the gospel ,, im not sure im correct,

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
White people of course!! Who else would you think is the chosen ones unless you were white? If you're black, well, thats a different story, maybe you think black would be the chosen race, all depends on your point of view I guess, but frankly I think the God computer could recognize an inferior race like illegal immigrants, don't you?

Last edited by runawayhorses on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

gypsy

gypsy
I think all humans are flawed,not one perfect human, so the complete human race would be destroyed and a new one created~ yes I think most of your thought is right Rosco,as the bible speaks of a second chance for us all,Jesus.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
The God computer could care less about the bible Gypsy.. lol!

gypsy

gypsy
well I guess it would come down to who is all powerful? God, or the computer.one lol!

SSC

SSC
Admin
The God Computer will write it's own bible, remember it will be the supreme being, and far less forgiving than man.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:I think all humans are flawed,not one perfect human, so the complete human race would be destroyed and a new one created~ yes I think most of your thought is right Rosco,as the bible speaks of a second chance for us all,Jesus.

i dont think thats correct, read the books , the left behind series,

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum