You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:14 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Did u read the urls? and also read back i corrected myself//
yep it is my word for the day~ LOL

I said I worded it wrong, it jumped to 5.5 percent in May
~

27New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:09 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Thanks Runaway and Rosco, I believe we have a common understanding of the world situation. The statement that it is far more than just the Presidents wishes is so very true, convincing the Senate and Congress is an uphill battle, many a good bill has gone by the wayside. No President in their right mind will loosen the security inplace around the world at US interests.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
take away any missle defense systems , and he has stated but not on this, ppl would give out senerios on what it would take for him to cover our ass when a group or country jepordized out safty, and he most always said , nope i would not take action in that case, listen to what will happen on any missle defense, that we have developed, at some point rogue nations will use missles on the US, or our interest and allies, we need to protect, vidio as follows,i guess he forgets russia is now a member of the G8 and not necesarraly a real threat since they are smart pp, but rouge nations that may not can hit us but can our allies, so he takes away our defenses on that,,

29New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:38 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Obama is a scary man, I have deep questions about his experiance , whether he is capable of making decisions in the best interest of national security. From statements such as are displayed in your video, he will have us at the mercy of terrorists within a matter of months should he be our next president. Hopefully the vote will be for a wise experianced man, one who is not afraid to put his back to a wall and take on all comers.

30New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:51 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
The John McCain blog laments Hillary's exit:New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 03_hillaryandmccain_lg

Senator Clinton has really grown on us over here in Crystal City over the past few months. She ran an impressive campaign, and proved herself to be an impressive candidate and as John McCain has said, inspired a generation of women. Ultimately, and ironically, it seems she fell victim to a vast left-wing conspiracy that resented her generally centrist foreign policy views (early support for the Iraq war, support for Kyl-Lieberman, unwavering support for Israel, etc.).

And so it was interesting that she barely touched on foreign policy in her concession speech today. She mentioned Iraq only twice, she mentioned terrorism only once, and she didn't mention Iran at all. After all, her serious approach to each of these issues proved liability in the Democratic primary. She spent years building a strong record on national security, and in the end her party opted for a candidate with no national security experience at all.

Senator Clinton also didn't mention John McCain once during her speech. This came as something of a surprise over here, and a pleasant one at that. But it's clear that John McCain and Hillary Clinton respect each other -- and there is a genuine affection for her here at McCain HQ. During her speech there was no small amount of pleading with the TV: 'Don't do it, you can still win!'

31New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:03 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
G-8 to fight oil prices with efficiency, tech
By JOSEPH COLEMAN,AP
Posted: 2008-06-08 13:46:54
AOMORI, Japan (AP) - Faced with record-high oil prices, the world's leading economies and oil consumers Sunday pledged greater investment in energy efficiency and green technologies to control their spiraling thirst for petroleum.

In a joint statement, energy ministers from the Group of Eight countries, joined by China, India and South Korea, also urged oil producers to boost output, which has stalled at about 85 million barrels a day since 2005, and called for cooperation between buyers and producers.

But with little prospect for a surge in production anytime soon, the focus of Sunday's meeting was on what wealthy nations should do to rein in consumption, while reducing carbon emissions blamed for global warming.

"We also have to address too the demand side of the equation," said John Hutton, Britain's business secretary. "We will do that through new measures to improve energy efficiency (and) accelerate our moves to a new, low-carbon form of energy generation."

The 11 nations, which account for 65 percent of the world's energy consumption, grappled with oil prices that have hit record highs. Prices made a massive 8 percent gain Friday to $138.54 on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

Energy experts say most producers have little ability to expand output. The exception is Saudi Arabia, which is producing about 9.4 million barrels a day and has the ability to increase by about 2 million barrels a day, but has not done so.

The current president of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, Chakib Khelil, has said that the cartel will make no new decision on production levels until its Sept. 9 meeting in Vienna.

While the nations meeting on Sunday did not pledge specific amounts of money, they said they would set goals in line with International Energy Agency recommendations for a vast expansion of investment in renewable energies and energy efficiency.

For instance, the G-8 countries - the United States, Japan, Russia, Germany, France, Britain, Italy and Canada - pledged to launch 20 demonstration projects by 2010 on so-called "carbon capture and storage," which would allow power plants to catch emissions and inject them into underground storage spaces.

While that technology is still in its infancy, proponents say it could eventually allow the expanded exploitation of the world's abundant supply of cheap coal without polluting the environment and speeding global warming.

There were clear rifts, however, on how to approach another technology promoted by some as an answer to oil dependence: nuclear energy.

The carefully worded joint statement called for assurances on safety and security of nuclear materials, but several nations - the United States, Canada and Britain - said they were determined to build new reactors. Japan also has ambitious nuclear goals.

The IEA, in a report issued last week, estimated the world would have to construct 32 new nuclear power plants each year from now until 2050 as part of an effort to cut global greenhouse gas emissions by 50 percent.

"I don't think it's an unreasonable forecast or estimate," U.S. Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman said of the IEA study. "I think we're really on the verge of a very substantial increase in the number of nuclear power plants."

Germany, however, said it had no plans to join the effort. Jochen Homann, Germany's economics minister, said Berlin had not changed its decision to phase out the use of nuclear power.

The ministers met amid rising concerns that soaring oil prices could trigger global economic troubles. Fanning such fears, both Japan and the United States have announced higher unemployment rates in recent weeks.

"The situation regarding energy prices is becoming extremely challenging," warned Akira Amari, Japan's trade and energy minister. "If left unaddressed, it may well cause a recession in the global economy."

The Sunday meeting followed a statement from five top energy consumers - the U.S., Japan, China, India and South Korea - that warned high prices were a menace to the world economy and more petroleum should be produced. They argued the unprecedented prices were against the interests of both producers and consumers, and imposed a "heavy burden" on developing countries.

The group, however, diverged over oil subsidies. The IEA has estimated that oil subsidies in China, India and the Middle East totaled about $55 billion in 2007.

The United States urged countries such as China to lower oil supports, which buoy demand, while poorer developing nations said removing subsidies could trigger political and economic unrest.

Even wealthier nations feel the need to shield consumers from skyrocketing prices. South Korea on Sunday unveiled a $10.3 billion plan to help ease the burden of high oil prices on low-income consumers and self-owned businesses.

32New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:51 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I agree with obama, it is time,War is not the only answer, ..only thing I disagree with is how do we know others will follow suit on nuclear weapons?

I think we spend to much on defense and war,.. we also need to quit pushing our beliefs on other countries..let them fiend for themselves,this Middle east thing has been going on forever we will not change it, i think we have all seen this..

any way, we all have our opinions, i will not change urs, u will not mine..

we need to hit a happy medium,,can we find that ground? if we can we will be the strongest ever..

I like Hillary, i think her and Obama, would make a good team~

33New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty War and peace. Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:22 pm

runawayhorses wrote:
SSC wrote:A new wind blowing ? There will always be war, the oil crisis, truth be know probably isn't so devastating, and the past 8 years were profitable as far as I am concerned, The Katrinas and Betsys and Ivans and Hugos will all come again, no man can stop the weather, only learn from the impact and improve .
Whether it be Democrat or Republician in office we as a great nation should stand behind our government, and support them.
To stand in the shadows singing the shoulda, coulda, woulda song shows great lack of intestional fortitude. Step up join in making a difference, not just an arm chair preacher.

There will "always" be war? It isn't so devastating? Thats a pretty grim outlook I would say. I think war is very devastating and as a result many lives are lost in the process, so that makes it devastating. Standing behind our government will not accomplish anything but continuation of the same old thing. If you stand behind someones beliefs on how to run this country then fine, but if you don't stand behind them I don't think you should blindly support them. Its the people who voice there opinion of disapproval and explaining their rational to others is how things get changed. They vote accordingly in the following election.
There will be war as we see it now as long as we are so dependent on mid-east oil and the muslims insist on the destruction of Israel. What we see now vis a vis oil, is exactly what Saddam had in mind. Blaming Bush is pointless. When the Dems attain power, if they do, the fanatics will see the "green light" and attack. Why" As long as Bush was there, they knew and know that another 9/11 would be deadly for the mid-east. If the Dems take power, they, the muslim fanatics, will need another "incident" to bargain with. We will then see just how "dark" things can get. That will be Bush's fault too, of course. Oh, weel. At least the "world" will love us again, right? They won't see us as being stupid for not expecting to be hit again?

34New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:01 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i was listening to a radio talk show this was suggested, since the head guy in the attacks i think on trial down at gitmo wants to go ahead and die a martyr. and the suicide attacks on ppl and our military, which some of our military bodies have been drug through the streets, well this was said to have worked well in wwII, when islamics killled american soldiers, and we should stop playing around with these ppl and get serious, they were told this in world war II, and we should tell the islamics that want to be martyrs and drop leaflets in iraq, and loud speakers, that any islamic ppl killed with a bomb on them and any shooting at the military that are killed, and the one head man at gitmo that wants to die, this is what was done and should be done now, make it well know they will be buried with a pig carcuss and buried upside down facing the wrong way. if it worked well in world war II, it should or atleast would not hurt now, these rag heads need to know we are going to stop playing and get serious ,

35New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:16 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I think Israel is tough,,I support them completely,, they were here long before America was involved.. I think they can handle there own,,after all God is behind them~ he will not let them fail~ just like he didn't let Joshua fail

I think Obama is not against
Israel ,I think that is propaganda~ in his speech ,rosco put, he did not speak against Israel

war, has always been suicidal just like Japanese an the comacasies(ms)

I Love My Country,but some issuses are debateable..
and if we lose that freedom what happens?

36New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:25 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
runawayhorses wrote:
SSC wrote:
A new wind blowing ? There will always be war, the oil crisis, truth be know probably isn't so devastating, and the past 8 years were profitable as far as I am concerned, The Katrinas and Betsys and Ivans and Hugos will all come again, no man can stop the weather, only learn from the impact and improve .
Whether it be Democrat or Republician in office we as a great nation should stand behind our government, and support them.
To stand in the shadows singing the shoulda, coulda, woulda song shows great lack of intestional fortitude. Step up join in making a difference, not just an arm chair preacher.

There will "always" be war? It isn't so devastating? Thats a pretty grim outlook I would say. I think war is very devastating and as a result many lives are lost in the process, so that makes it devastating. Standing behind our government will not accomplish anything but continuation of the same old thing. If you stand behind someones beliefs on how to run this country then fine, but if you don't stand behind them I don't think you should blindly support them. Its the people who voice there opinion of disapproval and explaining their rational to others is how things get changed. They vote accordingly in the following election.

Runaway, reread the first line of my post , the reference to devastating was about oil not lives lost at war.

37New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:36 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
SSC wrote:
SSC wrote:
Runaway, reread the first line of my post , the reference to devastating was about oil not lives lost at war.
Ok I see that now, I thought after reading it a second time thats what you might have meant. New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 67629

38New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:40 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
btw, if you click the "quote" button on the post you're referring to it will bring the post you are replying to in the blue background. It makes it much easier that way.

39New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:18 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Thanks Tyler, still getting the hang of your site... New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 393252

40New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:48 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yeah it takes a little getting used to. New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 67629

One of the ways the quote feature comes in really handy is, for example, if you're reading a post on a page (1) and thats the post you want to direct your post to, you can click the "quote" button of that post then write your message underneath all the text and code in the text area, and it when you "send" the post it will show up on the last page after the latest message of that topic. Actually, you can use it anywhere at anytime, and people often do including myself, but it comes in really handy when replying to a post many spaces away and makes it easier for everyone to know who you're replying to, and with the background and border looks more organized and easier to read and understand I think, as opposed to a copy and paste. :)

Sorry about reading your post wrong I need to slow down and read everyones posts closer, thats not the first time I've done that and probably won't be the last..LOL But I'm working on it. New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 67629

41New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:42 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
meemoon wrote:There will be war as we see it now as long as we are so dependent on mid-east oil and the muslims insist on the destruction of Israel. What we see now vis a vis oil, is exactly what Saddam had in mind. Blaming Bush is pointless. When the Dems attain power, if they do, the fanatics will see the "green light" and attack. Why" As long as Bush was there, they knew and know that another 9/11 would be deadly for the mid-east. If the Dems take power, they, the muslim fanatics, will need another "incident" to bargain with. We will then see just how "dark" things can get. That will be Bush's fault too, of course. Oh, weel. At least the "world" will love us again, right? They won't see us as being stupid for not expecting to be hit again?

Well, my response to this is, I don't think we will "always" be dependent on oil, and I also don't think we will "always" be at war, to think otherwise would be absurd and grossly unacceptable. I don't SSC meant it that way, as her tone seemed more like one of frustration, and I don't think you think so either. There will come a time when those issues are resolved. We can only hope we are still around to see it. New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 503179

42New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:12 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
We must believe that someday we will become far more advanced than we are now, and we must believe that we will rise above war and move forward in the advancement for ALL mankind.

Now, having said that, I'm ready to beam up.

43New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:40 pm

gypsy

gypsy
haha I liked that Tyler, Beam me!!
I think they can do a bit of that now, but what if after they beamed us, our arm was where or leg is and vice a versa :LOL

44New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:36 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Then we would have to reconfigure our transporter. New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Class

45New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:43 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:Obama is a scary man, I have deep questions about his experiance , whether he is capable of making decisions in the best interest of national security. From statements such as are displayed in your video, he will have us at the mercy of terrorists within a matter of months should he be our next president. Hopefully the vote will be for a wise experianced man, one who is not afraid to put his back to a wall and take on all comers.

i dont think obama has a clue to national security. if memory serves me, nato members met a few months ago, many new nations wanted to join, some i think may , and some we said later, but my point was then as now., i am almost sure i am correct. that the nato members wanted to go full steam ahead on a missile defense system,YES EVEN FRANCE since they are the countrys more vunerable than us, of course it surely would be our technology, but probably the expense shared, i have to agree with meemoon, as long as isreal is surounded by countrys bound on isreals destruction, which will not change for decades, as it has not since the late 40's when it became a state, or nation, after the war, forget oil, the war does not lie in our hands but the terrorist that have stated, they want our destruction, i totally agree with ssc, on this point. as some quote once said ," there will always be wars and rumors of wars," i would love to paint a pretty picture, but the terrorist have made the stand, it is not up to us, its up to the terrorist if the war on terorism stops. we have done a good job stoping the cells from carrying out another 9-11 , but there will be one day something that will slip through. and GOD help us, they might as well build that big sand box for the oval office for obamas head, if he is elected, the price of gas will be our the least of our worries,.OH and tyler we always will be fighting the Klingons, lol,,

46New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty refigure Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:17 pm

gypsy

gypsy
runawayhorses wrote:Then we would have to reconfigure our transporter. New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Class

yes that would solve a lot of problems, if we could transport Molecules? would that be what u call it~ would solve the crowded prisons just beam them to space, LOL or somewhere they can't harm someone, would even help ,us solve this >>STUPID WAR!! I think~~

Last edited by runawayhorses on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed the image in the quote)

47New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:53 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
rosco 357 wrote:OH and tyler we always will be fighting the Klingons, lol,,

No, actually the federation made peace with them as I recall.New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 67629

gypsy wrote:yes that would solve a lot of problems, if we could transport Molecules? would that be what u call it~ would solve the crowded prisons just beam them to space, LOL or somewhere they can't harm someone, would even help ,us solve this >>STUPID WAR!! I think~~
Well, I think we could transport them to a special place I suppose, "Where no man has gone before.." New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 503179

48New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:33 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
tyler Wrote...No, actually the federation made peace with them as I recall.

wow u keep up with this, lol, how about the romulins, lol,, i had to much to do quote, lol i tryed,

49New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:30 am

rosco 357 wrote:

wow u keep up with this, lol, how about the romulins, lol,, i had to much to do quote, lol i tryed,

Also the Romulans and the Federation of Planets eventually became allies, because of the threat by the Borg collective.
After their defeat in the Delta quadrant against Species 8472 from fluidic space, the Borg headed our way and this forced the Romulans and the Federation of Planets to cooperate.

Last edited by runawayhorses on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I fixed the quote background border..)

50New Beginning for aMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginning for aMERICA Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:51 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
rosco 357 wrote:tyler Wrote...No, actually the federation made peace with them as I recall.

The quote feature is very easy if you make sure not to mess with any of the text already in the post, make sure not to tamper with it and only write underneath it all. Also remember, you can click the "preview" button to see how its all going to look before you post it, that way you can make sure you did it right. if you find you tampered with it somehow by mistake and its not working right, you can click the back button on your browser and abort the post altogether and start over again.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum