You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
my 2 son in laws smoke, but one smokes in the house, the other one goes out, but when i go see my oldest daughter who does not smoke, but son in law does i have to wash all the cloths or coat i wear, as it smells like smoke, as to tylers saying he will stop smoking, i did for a few years, i did not start real young, like in my teens, i was in my 20s and only at work, u know i kept saying tomorrow , the next day again tomorrow, as u know i was with my dad when he got the bad new, and the dr said what he had could be cause by smoking, my dr when i told him my med history , which as like 18 years after my dad died, as soon as i told him my dads cancer, he never blinked and said that a smokers cancer, the tube from the kidney to the bladder, its rare, the dr had only seen 4 cases, but when those words to my dad left the drs lips, i never have put another one in my mouth. so u have to not make it tomorrow, just do it, i did crave one a bit after eating, but maybe it was easier for me because i only smoked at work but got up to 1 and a half packs, i hid it no one knew in my family, even my wife did not know, but my dad had smoked all his life, even for many years pall mall unfiltered, in the army, and he was drafted for the war as soon as he was 18, and taken out of highschool , and when he got the news he stoped, and he did not act like it was hard,and told me it was not hard, he lived for like 3 more years and did not smoke again. but it was to late then, but it did help him in his breathing on operations, that is one bad thing is smokers have a harder time after a major surgery, anyway dont say tomorrow, just do it today, if u add up the money u spend , ppl i worked with would and would think of the things they could buy for their family.. but im talking to the ones that want to stop , u have to want to, so its been 23 years ago for me.. lol i told my daughter. she is 12 years younger than my son in law and he has smoked alot, he cant even laugh, because it makes him start to cough, i told her once dont ever think about divorce, because at her age,. and his smoking, she will be alone soon, but im teasing her and she knows it.. i work with a guy i like and he has had 2 heart attacks and has stents, and smokes he wants to stop so bad, and his dr chews him out, its his life he is putting at risk with his heart, he want to stop bad, but told me he cant, he has tryed it all patches, chewing gum, but he flat told me he knows its killing him but he cant stop, when i was young my dad told me to not smoke, i said well u do, he told me yes but he wished he had never started,i guess that is what makes me sad to see young ppl smoking and wondering why they start, i know this is harsh but i dont care if they price the things to 20 bucks a pack if it would make my son in laws and daugher stop,, its a source of tension between my oldest daughter and son in law, she tells me he watches close the money she spends,even little things, then tells me " oh but he does not think nothing about the money for his cigs, so it pisses her off big time, " well i will stop spilling my guts, and i know some smokers live to old ages,

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum