You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1moon, question,  Empty moon, question, Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:12 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
hey moon, last time we talked i think u had a dodge dakota truck u were working on and drilling holes in the bed for water drainage i think, just wondered if u still have it, and how all that went, no big deal just wondering, take care

2moon, question,  Empty Re: moon, question, Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:26 pm

WOW, that was a while back. The timing chain jumped so I junked it. I immediately bought a '94 Ram 1500, standard cab with the full, 8', bed. Auto, all power, and A/C. I lucked out this time. I did an oil change and put a can of juice into the A/C when I bought it and haven't touched it since. That was 2 1/2 years ago.This behemoth NEVER fails to start and run perfectly. I've had my Miata for 4 years now and it's finally worth more than I owe on it. I've had new cars before but I always traded them in, etc. This will be the 1st. one I will pay off.

3moon, question,  Empty Re: moon, question, Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:13 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i had a timing chain jump a tooth, when i was a teenager, my car had automatic in the console, and i wound i up in first and went to second rather than just use drive which i should,and it stopped.. that was back when service stations had real car ppl working there, we had one in our community, so my dad and me . the service station owner and mechanic told me i probably jumped timing and therefore bent some valve push rods, so he as we watched pulled the intake manifold i guess it was and pulled out some push rods and they were bent, and he replaced them and got it running, so i learned a lesson, glad u got a truck u like, sounds nice, take care,

4moon, question,  Empty Re: moon, question, Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:21 pm

That's funny. Around 1970, I was driving an old Ford that had a 292 v-8 and the timing chain jumped. The service station towed it to the station for #10. He (for free) showed me how to set the timing so it would run (like your guy did?) It would pop now and then but it would do about 50mph.

5moon, question,  Empty Re: moon, question, Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:55 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
meemoon wrote:That's funny. Around 1970, I was driving an old Ford that had a 292 v-8 and the timing chain jumped. The service station towed it to the station for #10. He (for free) showed me how to set the timing so it would run (like your guy did?) It would pop now and then but it would do about 50mph.

once he replaced the bent push rods, which was easy,, he may had to only pull the valve covers now that i think of it, and he set the timing correct, and it ran like a new one, , it did not bend all the rods just a few, and it did not cost much, i was just a stupid hard on cars teenager, lol,,it was a 327 cubic inch,

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum