View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Obamacare upheld Empty Obamacare upheld Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:49 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Obamacare upheld by United States Supreme Court, including individual mandate

John Presta's photo
John Presta
White House Press Examiner

The United States Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. In a ruling written by Chief Justice John Roberts, the court essentially said that the law will stay as written.

This is a great victory for the Obama White House, as Republicans and Tea Party Republicans railed against the law and made it a central issue in the 2010 Congressional campaigns. The claim was that the law was unconstitutional.

http://www.examiner.com/article/obamacare-upheld-by-united-states-supreme-court-including-individual-mandate

It is not.

That issue has now been snuffed out by the United State

2Obamacare upheld Empty Re: Obamacare upheld Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:15 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Hold your joy till you see your Dr.s leaving, your medical necessities cut back and you are taxed to death by this. Now the Feds. will know every time you go to the Dr. as it will be stored in a Fed. data bank. You are a number not a person now.
Appeal set for July 11, don't waste the champagne and confetti just yet.

3Obamacare upheld Empty Re: Obamacare upheld Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:35 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Love the upheld Obama care, healthcare act,!!Thank you Roberts.. and the women on SCOTUS

Good will prevail!
we were a number a long time ago~~

I am so chuckling at the rant/raving/whining,lying of the republican party!! and their believers!!

Oh Happy Days!

4Obamacare upheld Empty Re: Obamacare upheld Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:50 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Might want to count the dems that have bailed out on Obammy, the 678million that isn't a tax but is a tax will haunt them all the way to Nov. might be the biggest gift the dems and roberts gave the Repubs. Sure helped Romney to the tune of millions in campaign donations within hours of the announcement. Then there is the small issue of states refusing the Obamacare, Florida and Louisiana, not sure about the other 24 states that filed suit against it but you can bet all 26 will stand together.

5Obamacare upheld Empty Re: Obamacare upheld Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:36 am

gypsy

gypsy
Really!! that is nonsense,,Koch brother, cooperation's, are not -people

some states are stupid!

6Obamacare upheld Empty Re: Obamacare upheld Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:47 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
You think Florida is stupid? There are people that moved and now live here from all over the united states and some of us were born here. Florida is rich it could buy and sell Kentucky. Florida is not stupid it is very smart and a very important state.

How many people are itching to come to Florida vs how many to Kentucky?

Because a State doesn't agree with you politically does not make it stupid. Obviously we are doing most things right and have made good decisions. A state doesn't get to be in our position making bad decisions. Our record proves we have a very well run state. We have a lot on our plate and more to think about and consider everyday than Kentucky does, and we do it quite well. We are a powerful state politically and financially, more so than Kentucky.

Kentucky votes the same exact way every single election year, they vote as if they do not consider anything and have made up there minds already even before they know who is running, to vote republican. Is that smart? Florida is unpredictable which way it will vote because it is a diverse and 'thinking' state.

I listened to you slam Florida long enough I will defend my state from attacks and put yours under the microscope.

7Obamacare upheld Empty Re: Obamacare upheld Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:44 pm

gypsy

gypsy
no I did not call Florida stupid I said some states are.,that includes Kentucky at times, I have never slammed Florida.

8Obamacare upheld Empty Re: Obamacare upheld Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:47 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I think the states who are refusing Obamacare are looking out for the interests of the ones living there, trying to block more and more tax burdens on already strapped residents. Under the new plan medicaid will inherit 133million more patients, doctors will refuse to take the insurance as very few do now, services such as mammograms, hip replacements, heart implant devices, many medicines and a host of other services will be left to a panel to decide the necessity. The ones brainwashed by the cheerleading of Reed and Pelosi will pay the biggest price, and why is it the Fed. employes are exempt from this medical plan, are they better than everyone else ? Or could it be the plan is so flawed Obammy doesn't want to endanger his own family ?

9Obamacare upheld Empty Re: Obamacare upheld Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:09 pm

gypsy

gypsy
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/HealthCare/health-care-repeal-republican-voices-grow-louder-work/story?id=11668055#.T_CC5dkaOBocan Republicans Repeal Health Care Law?
More Sharing ServicesShare
Share on facebook_likeEmail

- / +

By HUMA KHAN (@humaik)
Sept. 20, 2010

New health care measures go into effect this week that will have profound implications for all Americans and on the U.S. health care system. But Republicans are still fighting for the repeal of the bill that has become one of the biggest and most controversial health care laws in history.

Repealing a major bill like health care is no easy task, even if Republicans were to take back control of the House and possibly even the Senate, as some polls indicate.

But a full repeal isn't completely out of the question. The Medicare Catastrophic Coverage Act, which would have been the biggest expansion of Medicare since the 1960's, was repealed in 1989, just one year after it passed.

Still, the health care law is much bigger. It would impact millions more Americans than the Medicare Catastrophic Coverage Act, and the biggest difference is that it had no bipartisan support.
New health care measures go into effect this week
Win McNamee/Getty Images
U.S. President Barack Obama speaks about the... View Full Caption

A full repeal would require a bill to pass in both the House and the Senate, and would need a majority in both Houses. Even if Democrats lost majority control, they still would be able to filibuster it. And even if the repeal bill were to pass both Houses, it could most likely be vetoed by President Obama. A presidential veto can only be overturned by a two-third majority in both the House and Senate.

A more plausible option that Republicans are considering is rejecting funds for various parts of the health care bill and striking down some measures specifically, such as the mandate that would require all Americans to have health insurance. But, again, that would require that Republicans have full control of Congress.

Even though 35 House Democrats did not vote for the health care bill, only one -- Rep. Gene Taylor, D-Miss. -- supports repeal.

Republicans themselves admit that repealing the entire bill is virtually next to impossible.

"I would like to repeal it and replace it," Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said recently. "What can we do? We can make narrow, targeted efforts to go after the cost problems. Without the president, we can't repeal it. But we can go after portions of it aggressively."

Even House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, an outspoken proponent of repeal, refused to use the word when posed the question at a press conference last week.

"I am committed to doing everything that I can do and our team can do to prevent 'Obamacare' from being implemented," Boehner said. "I believe that this bill will ruin the best health care system in the world, and I believe that it will bankrupt our country. And when I say everything, I mean everything."

Republican leaders say they don't expect to make an impact overnight, and insist that this is a long-term strategy. By chipping away at the bill piecemeal, they can reduce its overall effectiveness and make it so weak that it essentially doesn't work.

"Eventually, you have something that looks like Swiss cheese and will, frankly, be about as sturdy as Swiss cheese," Rep. Bill Cassidy, R-La., a practicing physician and assistant whip for the Republican Conference, told ABC News. "And then that will be the point where you replace it with something that achieves the goals of controlling cost, expanding access to quality health care but also reflects the value of the American people."

10Obamacare upheld Empty Re: Obamacare upheld Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:45 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Sept.2010 ?? a little old.. anyone with heart, diabetes and special needs within their family should take note of the future cut backs, I believe it is page 122 line 44 begins to go into detail of the massive cuts in health care and it isn't pretty, but since you are on medicare and surely you have a supplemental policy ( at least for now affordable ) the only thing you have to worry about is SS going belly up, or the refusal of needed medical treatment, but that is nothing to Democrats. No comment on the waiver for Fed . workers Senators and Congress and Presidents to not be included in the mandatory medical plan, and how the hell can the IRS run this besides hiring 132,000 more federal workers who will also be exempt.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum