You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
The following is not an anecdotal singularity but a very typical event and will continue to happen in the millions:

A 35-45 year old couple with 2 children has health coverage. It costs $500/mo. ($6,000/year).They have a $2000 deductable which means they must have medical bills exceeding $8000 to get any benefit. They have modest co-pays of $2-$15 for doctor visits,tests,meds.,etc.They did not include mental health coverage,long term coverage,or maternity coverages.

Their insurer has terminated their policy effective Dec.1.Their policy does not include the coverages they opted out from and therefore,does not meet Obamacare minimums.

Their insurer has offered a compliant plan. The deductible has been increased to $4500.their premium will be $1100/mo.This means they must incur a medical expense greater than $17,700 in order to receive a dime in pay-outs.

The vast majority of illnesses and injuries do NOT reach or exceed that amount and the couple will be unikely to receive any benefit from their policy.

They live in a populated state and will get several quotes for coverage.They see that the $17,700 policy is at a typical premium/deductable level.They see that they will receive NO subsidy help because they both work and their combined income is too high.

The Obama admin is stalling providing the real numbers of people actually buying insurance because,I predict,so few people have or will. 85% of coverages received so far are for Medicaid. A "Cadillac" plan that's free and totally taxpayer supported. There are NO premiums. NO deductables, NO co-pays.Free meds. And includes long term care for life.

The penalty for not getting coverage is $95 or 1% of taxable income.I believe that millions of families will opt out,pay the penalty,and self insure.

The Obamacare system will NEVER be anywhere near self-supporting and will require massive taxpayer support in the hundreds of millions of dollars.

That will be at the end of it's death spiral.

SSC

SSC
Admin
My daughters insurance has gone from 119.00 a month with a 1000.00 deductible to 475.00 a month with a 6000.00 deductible, she is a single parent. She is dropping her insurance and paying the penalty this year. My neighbors in their late 80's just had their supplement ins. canceled as of Dec.1st. Only this fool in the WH thinks this is good and of course he is exempt as well as unions, muslims , certain religious groups and the whole senate and congress. His legacy will be he single handed destroyed this country.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I seen on TV Obama is now admitting when he said "you can still keep your insurance providers you have now" he made a mistake. Most people are saying he lied he knew damn well you wouldn't be able to.

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:I seen on TV Obama is now admitting when he said "you can still keep your insurance providers you have now" he made a mistake. Most people are saying he lied he knew damn well you wouldn't be able to.
As I and so many others said repeatedly at the time: Obamacare was NOT designed to provide "affordable" health care.Sebelius wrote the regulations and submitted them the July AFTER the law was passed. They were written,AS IS OBVIOUS, to nullify millions of existing policies and force people to sign up for government subsidised or provided insurance.

Obama made no mistakes.He did what ALL liberals do.He lied when necessary to further his agenda.

The results will be:

1.The private insurance customer base will be reduced to just the wealthy.
2.All others who actually buy insurance will pay roughly twice as much.
3.A large proportion of those who cannot afford that will have their premiums subsidised at taxpayer expense.
4.As we see,about 85% of exchange sign-ups will simply get MEDICAID.A Cadillac+ plan totally paid for by the taxpayer.
5.The employer supplied healthcare plans had their adherence to regulations delayed for one year purely to put off the eventual disaster.When they kick in,most will be found to be deficient.Many will simply drop employer supplied or subsidised plans and pay the $2000/employee fine.
6.MILLIONS will "go rogue" and self insure.They will do the math and see that it will be highly unlikely that they will suffer an injury or illness that will exceed the roughly $15K-20K that Obamcare defined premiums and deductables would cost them.

Now,am I lying? Watch the news.Over 100 million Americans will eventually see their healthcare insurance plans' premiums drastically increased, or with drastically increased deductibles,or terminated.

WE,the people deserve this. WE,the people elected this con-man and then RE-ELECTED him.

An "apology"??? If I stole your silver dollars when I visited you as you would have certainly realized when you discovered them missing,could I apologise? If I offered that I meant them as a subsidy to the money that I did spend,would that satisfy you? Would I not still be a thief who stole from a friend?

SSC

SSC
Admin
94,000+ people in Louisiana alone will lose their insurance, Obama made a visit to the Port Of New Orleans today, what a political farce, Mary Landreau accompanied him but was not at the port for his speech, he talked of dredging the Miss. river to bring in super tankers after the panama canal is widened, all the jobs it will bring, then he started pitching Obamacare. There might have been 50 people in the audience, all I am sure well paid to clap for him, but in the background were hundreds of people who were halted from working at the port today all unpaid, hundreds of businesses closed in the area and along the route from the airport, and the horrendous traffic mess with I-10 closed for nearly 20 miles for over 3 hrs. He seemed to be doing damage control on all his lies, but just compounded them with more lies. The south hates him, why disrupt this area with his political garbage. He is disgusting and pathetic person, I respect the garbage man more than Obama. Anyone who voted for this fool should hide their head in shame. You and your kind are helping destroy a wonderful country and crippling millions of families. Congrats I hope you sleep well at night.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
meemoon wrote:Now,am I lying? Watch the news.Over 100 million Americans will eventually see their healthcare insurance plans' premiums drastically increased, or with drastically increased deductibles,or terminated.

WE,the people deserve this. WE,the people elected this con-man and then RE-ELECTED him.

An "apology"??? If I stole your silver dollars when I visited you as you would have certainly realized when you discovered them missing,could I apologise? If I offered that I meant them as a subsidy to the money that I did spend,would that satisfy you? Would I not still be a thief who stole from a friend?
I never asked for an apology or said you were lying, in fact I have no idea what you're talking about when you bring that up. My silver dollars is irrelevant to anything being discussed here.

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
It was simply a rhetorical question and needed no answer. Obama stole our extant healthcare system,paid for it's replacement,Obamacare, with our tax money (our silver dollars) and claims it was necessary and for our benefit.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Oh OK, you had lost me on that one.

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
I wrote: "...they will receive NO subsidy help because they both work and their combined income is too high."

The admin is now considering offering subsidies to families with combined incomes as high as $90,000! This is,of course,a desperate act.Note that the taxpayer (the subsidizer) is outta the loop.Obama and Sedelius are writing a new law never contemplated (or read) by Congress.The penalty for not buying healthcare will go up to 2.5% of income in 2015.The rope tightens slowly but surely.

SSC

SSC
Admin
You are right Moon, this year will be 1% of taxable income and each year will increase. This is the biggest three ring circus I have ever seen. No one knows what is in the fine print of Obamacare and when they think they have figured it out the fool goes and makes amendments and changes everything around. All I see is a control freak, your health care, your guns,your food you buy, destroying our image in the world, breaking the middle and lower class. The worm is turning, people are finally starting to get wise to just how bad things are getting, and this will show in the 2014 elections, the Dems. are like a stampede getting away from Obama, just like Landreau yesterday, she was no where to be seen at his bumbling appearance in New Orleans, she is already on thin ice and if early polls are correct she will be voted out. She has betrayed the people of Louisiana . The South is struggling and what he has done to the oil industry has made him a hated man. Jindal has stood his ground against the administration on many points that in the future will cause great hardship on the state and the people here. He is not president material, but as a governer he isn't putting up with Obama's bullshit.

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
I do think that the exposure of Obamacare tp public scutiny over the next year will be long and,hopefully,comprehensive.The Obamalites will ALWAYS claim they wanted to see that everyone has access to healthcare pretty much on demand and paid for by their insurer,whomever that may turn out to be.I will be charitable and say that they were delivered something else entirely.

I'll suggest the following:

1.Obamacare would be seen by Democrats as successful just if it passed.
2.The Demo legislators KNEW that the 26,000 regulations had not been written yet and that regulatory power would be used vigorously to pound this law into a working machine.
3. Those same legislatores KNEW that Obama and all his acolytes were misrepresenting the law. But they suborned this perfidy (and perjury) because they hoped that the seeds of universal healthcare had been planted,as they have been.
4. It is my conjecture that the admin is slowly reacting to crises after crises because they wanna hang on as long as they can to modify existing healthcare traditional paths as much as can be done.Obama's promises to "fix" this and that are ludicrous.Obamacare,from their point of view is just fine.It is a "good product".It needs no repair.Allowed to fully develop,the end result will be that virtually EVERYONE in the United Sates will lose control of 1/6th of our economy and hand it over to the government.

They have 3 years to resist substantive modifications of Obamacare,enforce it, and hope that Hillary wins in 2016.

gypsy

gypsy
News? can I laugh,0f course I  can!!
win!it is the law!!It passed

13Why Obamacare has fallen and can't get up...period. Empty untrue! Iguess one will see,maybe millions Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:07 pm

gypsy

gypsy
meemoon wrote:The following is not an anecdotal singularity but a very typical event and will continue to happen in the millions:

A 35-45 year old couple with 2 children has health coverage. It costs $500/mo. ($6,000/year).They have a $2000 deductable which means they must have medical bills exceeding $8000 to get any benefit. They have modest co-pays of $2-$15 for doctor visits,tests,meds.,etc.They did not include mental health coverage,long term coverage,or maternity coverages.

Their insurer has terminated their policy effective Dec.1.Their policy does not include the coverages they opted out from and therefore,does not meet Obamacare minimums.

Their insurer has offered a compliant plan. The deductible has been increased to $4500.their premium will be $1100/mo.This means they must incur a medical expense greater than $17,700 in order to receive a dime in pay-outs.

The vast majority of illnesses and injuries do NOT reach or exceed that amount and the couple will be unikely to receive any benefit from their policy.

They live in a populated state and will get several quotes for coverage.They see that the $17,700 policy is at a typical premium/deductable level.They see that they will receive NO subsidy help because they both work and their combined income is too high.

The Obama admin is stalling providing the real numbers of people actually buying insurance because,I predict,so few people have or will. 85% of coverages received so far are for Medicaid. A "Cadillac" plan that's free and totally taxpayer supported. There are NO premiums. NO deductables, NO co-pays.Free meds. And includes long term care for life.

The penalty for not getting coverage is $95 or 1% of taxable income.I believe that millions of families will opt out,pay the penalty,and self insure.

The Obamacare system will NEVER be anywhere near self-supporting and will require massive taxpayer support in the hundreds of millions of dollars.

gypsy

gypsy
Did you write this Meemoon?

gypsy

gypsy
gypsy wrote:News? can I laugh,0f course I  can!!
win!
it is the law!!It passed
It is the Affordable Care Act.. restructuring, to help people of America!

gypsy

gypsy
gypsy wrote:
meemoon wrote:The following is not an anecdotal singularity but a very typical event and will continue to happen in the millions:

ACA will work.sorry for you disillusionment

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
gypsy wrote:Did you write this Meemoon?
I'm not surprised that you would question my ability to write a cogent post.Your stupid question deserves no answer.

SSC

SSC
Admin
Thank you Moon for not entertaining Gypsy, she is crossing her boundries on discussion and it is best to ignore her. Thanks SSC

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
gypsy wrote:Did you write this Meemoon?
Of course not. I'm a conservative and,thus,too stupid. Tyler wrote it.

SSC

SSC
Admin
Wonder what Obama will say at his press conference today, with Bill Clinton obviously rolling him under the bus on healthcare and the Dems running over each other getting away from him, maybe he has seen the light and will stop this train wreck. Should be interesting to see him either sweating bullets or lying his ass off again.

SSC

SSC
Admin
Well what an epic fail on Obama's part yesterday, he not only put panic in the American people he totally caught the insurance agencies and commisioner off guard with his statement they can keep their old ins. for another year. The catch is now many companies have opted to either close or turn away customers with complicated conditions. Isn't it amazing what the little boy thinks he can do without congressional approval. If Obamacare is now law Onumbnuts can't just change things to please the voters and make himself look good, 5 million + already think he is just plain stupid the ones already canceled. There is a good chance their previous coverage is history and will not be restored. What a comedy of errors at the peoples expense. I don't think any amount of damage control will fix this, and he has helped seal Landreaus fate in 2014. The south is so anti-Obama he can save taxpayer money and just stay away, we don't want him here. He is the worst liar to ever hold the office, next to Bill and now he is even pushing away but we all know that is to bump Hillary up but Benghazi is her legacy.

22Why Obamacare has fallen and can't get up...period. Empty Rut Ro..Bam-Bam not to popular there Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:29 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Obama's popularity is hitting all-time lows, if he could run for president again next term he would no doubt lose by a landslide. I personally think he'd like to quit now, but knows he can't without major repercussions, he must finish his term first, then he can ride off into the sunset, assuming of course Manning is wrong and Obama doesn't go to jail. But in any case Obama is mentally tired and is ready to hang it up I believe.

SSC

SSC
Admin
I agree with you Tyler, he is a huge failure, Obamacare was based on illegal voting, it was a thrown together plan without proper discovery. Now he has the insurance companies in a panic saying people can get back their insurance that was canceled. Not going to happen. It is not affordable , it is a disaster. He has build a fine legacy for himself. His terms have been mired in lies and confusion since day one. His own party is running from him, the 2014 elections are coming closer and no one wants to be associated with Obama and a radical failure of a platform. It is such a pleasure to see all the blame Bush talking heads silenced, now Obama stands alone to face his downfall.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yeah Obama got elected with illegal votes no doubt, that has been proven.

It seems the majority of Americans don't like him, they feel now a Republican would have been a smarter choice. They regret now ever voting for him.

To be for Obama now is almost "UN-American", if you truly love this country and the hard work that was put into it you do not support Obama, you support the good in people that helped this country, and are against the bad. You work towards a better America, and Obama ain't it. I don't dislike the guy personally, but I don't want him for president because I love America.

This is why true Americans will vote Republican next election, and a Republican will win. We seen what the Dem's can do and we are not impressed, and its not what we want here in this country. The true Americans will come together can cast Obama out and elect a Republican.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum