You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SSC

SSC
Admin
Ills of HealthCare.gov: Errors in ObamaCare website forms spark concerns

Published December 07, 2013
• FoxNews.com
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/12/07/ills-healthcaregov-errors-in-obamacare-website-forms-spark-concerns/?intcmp=latestnews

The Obama administration announced Friday that enrollment records for one in four Americans who selected health plans on HealthCare.gov in October and November could contain errors, raising concerns that consumers who think they have coverage won't actually be enrolled on Jan. 1.

Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services spokeswoman Julie Bataille said recent fixes to HealthCare.gov have brought the error rate on forms sent to insurance companies down to about one in 10 for files generated after Dec. 1, The Wall Street Journal reported.

The electronic files, known as 834 forms, give insurance companies basic information about would-be customers, including their name, address, contact information and Social Security number. Insurance companies have reported issues with the files since the law's rollout.

"The new process put in place this week is making a difference. The enrollment files are getting better, but there is more work to do to ensure consumers are covered," Karen Ignani, the chief executive officer of insurance industry trade group, America’s Health Insurance Plans, said in a statement obtained by the New York Post on Friday.

CMS is reaching out to hundreds of thousands of consumers who have tried to enroll for health coverage but aren't enrolled, according to Bataille, who said consumers should be contacted by the insurance company for a payment after selecting a plan.

"Our clear priority is fixing any remaining bugs causing problems and working to make sure every 834 form past and present is resolved," Bataille said, according to The Journal.

Ms. Bataille said errors with the enrollment forms include duplicate files, lack of a file altogether, or a file with mistaken data such as a child incorrectly being listed as a spouse.

AHIP spokesman Robert Zirkelbach told FoxNews.com last week that insurance companies have received duplicative and inaccurate forms, and "in some cases, plans are not getting the enrollment files at all." Getting that fixed, he said, is "critical."

Though the administration has given people until the end of March to sign up for coverage if they want to avoid a fine, coverage for many is supposed to start on Jan. 1. That leaves less than 30 days to fix the remaining glitches.

The administration announced last week it is working on a system to pay insurers its portion of premiums and cost-sharing payments. A temporary workaround has been proposed that would allow insurers to estimate how much they are owed, and submit the bill to the government.

SSC

SSC
Admin
Sibelius doing major damage control and trying to save her ass at the same time, demanding accountability for the release of Obamacare web site with so many errors. I really feel sorry for the ones who signed up, there is no way to connect nor trace their medical plan, that part of the web program wasn't complete...sucks to be them. Anyone who opted for a low premium and if by some act of god it goes through will pay out the nose for deductibles. Read an article in the Liberty Ky. news paper about a Dr. closing and it stated many more are following suit, the Dr. shortage now begins.

SSC

SSC
Admin
Congressional staffers told not to trust ObamaCare site infoPublished December 11, 2013FoxNews.com
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/12/11/congressional-staffers-told-not-to-trust-obamacare-site-info/?intcmp=latestnews

Congressional staffers were warned Wednesday not to rely on information provided by the ObamaCare exchange website, in an email alert informing them they might not be enrolled for coverage even if they technically signed up.

The "very important" message, sent to Capitol Hill officials Wednesday afternoon, is the latest sign that the government has concerns about the reliability of the system. Despite improvements in the basic operation of the exchange websites, and increased enrollment, there are lingering concerns about whether those signing up will actually be covered on Jan. 1.

"Please DO NOT ASSUME you are covered unless you have seen the Confirmation Letter from the Disbursing Office!" the email to staffers said.

The email urged staffers who have signed up via the DC Health Link -- the health care exchange for the District of Columbia -- to double check with the office that they're enrolled.

"Do NOT rely on your 'My Account' page or other correspondence from DCHL," the message said.

The message reminded them they haven't enrolled and "will not have health insurance next year" unless they get a confirmation letter.

In light of the concerns, the email said staffers would have until Dec. 16 to notify the Disbursing Office if they were not confirmed, in order to get an extension.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius defended the system during testimony Wednesday before a House committee. Sebelius spoke directly to the performance of HealthCare.gov, the site run by the federal government, and not DC Health Link, which is run by D.C. officials.

"HealthCare.gov is working faster, responding more quickly, and we're able to handle larger volumes of concurrent users," Sebelius said.

But the patchwork of exchange sites has led to a patchwork of different problems.

In D.C., congressional lawmakers and staffers have been raising concerns for weeks about DC Health Link.

The problems prompted the House chief administrative officer last Thursday to write the Office of Personnel Management urging them to take "immediate steps" to make sure lawmakers and staff can enroll.

Chief Administrative Officer Dan Strodel described "significant problems" that were "preventing Members and staff in Washington D.C. and in district offices from enrolling in a healthcare plan via the DC Health Link website."

Congressional officials are currently enrolled in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program. Even for those who are unable to sign up for a new plan by Jan. 1 -- when coverage under the ObamaCare exchanges begins -- they will be able to stay covered under the FEHB until the end of January.

While the health care overhaul requires everyone to purchase insurance starting in 2014, congressional officials and staffers are in a special class in that they're largely required to do so through the exchanges.

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
SSC wrote:Sibelius doing major damage control and trying to save her ass at the same time, demanding accountability for the release of Obamacare web site with so many errors. I really feel sorry for the ones who signed up, there is no way to connect nor trace their medical plan, that part of the web program wasn't complete...sucks to be them. Anyone who opted for a low premium and if by some act of god it goes through will pay out the nose for deductibles. Read an article in the Liberty Ky. news paper about a Dr. closing and it stated many more are following suit, the Dr. shortage now begins.
Am I crazy? OK,OK, when it comes to fast cars and questionable alcoholic fluids,I submit and my yellow sheet proves it. BUT....when I pointed out that adding 30+ million people to the patient rolls would result in a SEVERE doctor/nurse/tech shortage as well as a shortage in beds and facilities,I was told I am crazy. "Oh,the government will fix that",I was told. WITH WHAT???

I am a fortunate old man. I am able to drive my handicapped equipped van 36 miles to a clinic where I can see within 15-20 minutes an American Indian doctor that listens to me and prescribes meds that have reduced my blood pressure drastically and allow me to sleep without being goofy (er).I pay cash.

Millions of decent Americans will:

1.Find themselves faced with premiums they can't possibly afford without a concomitant loss in their standard of living.
2.Faced with deductibles that will render them effectively without insurance. Add the $5000 premiums and a $9000 deductible and you may precipitate a bankruptancy.A $14,000 broken leg.
3.Rationed healthcare? a predicted certainty.
4.Millions more will lose employer provided coverage. As many as 70 million? Am I still crazy? Probably,but I still have my Miata and there's liquor stores all over the place.

Good luck, America.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum