You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you think President Obama will only serve one term in office?

Do you think President Obama will only serve one term in office? Left1044%Do you think President Obama will only serve one term in office? Right10 44% [ 4 ]
Do you think President Obama will only serve one term in office? Left1056%Do you think President Obama will only serve one term in office? Right10 56% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Take the poll and leave a comment if you like.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i actually think its way to early to make a judgement, things can change so quick, just look at bush senior.after dessert storm his rating were out of sight, but they went down fast and he lost the election. and was one term. alot depends on who the repub run. as of now i see no one that stands out in my mind but its along ways off.

SSC

SSC
Admin
One term is all the debt we can afford and then some.

gypsy

gypsy
I agree, it is to early.
if health care passes I think he will be elected second term..

"....alot depends on who the repub run. as of now i see no one that stands out in my mind...." /// This is much closer to my view. Like SSC, I think the American people are deeply repulsed by all the debt so far contracted. Obama needs the miracle of low unemployment and solid economic growth. Absent that,the Repubs will still need a clean,strong,attractive candidate and as yet, no individual has risen to the front. Almost any person will beat Obama if they can produce that candidate.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I think if Obama's Health Care plan passes and it all works out, he will go another term. But what do I know about politics.. Do you think President Obama will only serve one term in office? 257855 Do you think President Obama will only serve one term in office? 257855

Answer: Nothing Razz

trryvill

trryvill
my vote was yes he is young and full of ideas and if he can do a quarter of what he promises another term is in his sight

trryvill wrote:my vote was yes he is young and full of ideas and if he can do a quarter of what he promises another term is in his sight
Gold hit $1,039/oz today. The dollar is sliding and high inflation is on the way. Fuel costs are going to skyrocket if the oil market starts pricing oil in a collection of currencies instead of the dollar. The financial people (not the politicians) say it will be at least 2 years before unemployment rates fall below 8%. So far, Obama is failing to produce anything.If his healthcare plan passes,the economy will STALL and crash when people start getting the big deducts outta their paychecks. Once all this play money has been absorbed, the Fed will stop printing it and then we'll see if the economy can avoid another severe recession. I don't see how he can be re-elected unless the Repubs run an idiot.

SSC

SSC
Admin
Our dollar is not trusted on the foreign markets, closed door talk has it they might try to do away with the dollar in certain foreign countries , thus leaving us with worthless funny money..
I caught part of a report today (waiting for it to post on the net ) that the taxes included in the health care bill will surface before long and they will be shocking, plus the percentages of cut services thru medicare, there were some scary numbers...Obama if he is to be successful better step up to the plate and show somebody something. So far it isn't working for him..Age can be a hindrance in knowledge..This isn't the streets of Chicago where he can charm his way.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Wouldn't it be funny if in the next election Obama decided he didn't want to go for another term and that he had enough of being president? Its a lot of pressure and maybe he might decide to go fishing instead. Hes got his money, his security is established and hes set for life, so why not. I don't really think he would, but it wouldn't come as a shock to me.

If after 4 years you don't want to be president anymore and would rather take the money and run off into the sunset in full retirement, I could certainly understand that. Let someone else deal with the mess..

Just a passing thought....

SSC

SSC
Admin
Did you ever stop and look at the timing of these monstrous spending bills and health care, most are geared to the year of the next presidential election, so if Obama loses he has crucified the incoming prez to a plate buried in debt more so than any president in history has seen...some legacy..

gypsy

gypsy
runawayhorses wrote:Wouldn't it be funny if in the next election Obama decided he didn't want to go for another term and that he had enough of being president? Its a lot of pressure and maybe he might decide to go fishing instead. Hes got his money, his security is established and hes set for life, so why not. I don't really think he would, but it wouldn't come as a shock to me.

If after 4 years you don't want to be president anymore and would rather take the money and run off into the sunset in full retirement, I could certainly understand that. Let someone else deal with the mess..

I don;t think he will either Tyler,ride off into the sunset.
he was left with a mess worse than the Great Depression,it is great that bush was left with a deficit free time ,no war,But look what he left on the plate~for Obama
I think Obama is determined to succeed.

Just here for rest, an shower, had to purt my 2cenrts worth in.. lol!

gypsy

gypsy
instead of *than* I meant almost worse as the great depression

SSC

SSC
Admin
runawayhorses wrote:Wouldn't it be funny if in the next election Obama decided he didn't want to go for another term and that he had enough of being president? Its a lot of pressure and maybe he might decide to go fishing instead. Hes got his money, his security is established and hes set for life, so why not. I don't really think he would, but it wouldn't come as a shock to me.

If Obama doesn't stay firm on national defense we are not only screwed we will be invaded..His lack of speedy attention for more troops ( he got the request last week ) is not showing much but lack of knowledge . I don't think he will have to worry about a second term, he doesn't want to be around when the debt he has created smothers the American people.. Bush has attacks on our soil and 2 wars, I am pertified at how Obama would handle situations like those...So far he is batting 0...

15Do you think President Obama will only serve one term in office? Empty Obama Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:13 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
By the number of emails I get...People want to oust him as soon as possible.
I have not seen one email supporting him.
He maybe clever but can he stand the pace.
Some crazy American might shoot him like Kennedy.
Que Sera Sera.....

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

gypsy

gypsy
Well from my view, I see people backing Obama,a few tea bag radicals, and whackos like Palin are not the answer.
I think Obama is doing a good job, we have health reform, the immigration laws are being rewritten and hopefully that will pass, got to get the Republicans to work instead of saying, HELL NO!! to everything, they are in the Big oil companies pockets.the wall street regulations are being worked on, Bush completely did away with regulation,that is why this oil spill happened it was not checked and regulated like it should have been.
the rich are now going to pay their fair share of taxes, instead of all the loopholes they get away with,
I support Obama 100%

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I agree with everything you said, I support Obama 100% too.

18Do you think President Obama will only serve one term in office? Empty health reform Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:29 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Will the health reform be like ours in England?
Anyone here can get free service even if they have not paid any money into it.
Our National Health Service is the best in the World.
I have a feeling you will not aggree with me on that statment. lol

gypsy

gypsy
I agree Jeannie,,I have said all along that England,Canada have the right kind of health care.. now we do. it took a lot of work to get this Health reform done..

gypsy

gypsy
I just read on yahoo that, The made in china cheap era is over,US production is coming home~I will see if I can find the complete story, this was just the headlines.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:I agree, it is to early.
if health care passes I think he will be elected second term..

the health care did pass, months ago but the main part does not kick in till 2114, i dont think there is anything left to pass. if the republicans clean house in 2010 election, they want to repeal the healthcare thing, but that would take alot of votes, since obama could veto anything they pass,but if he looses no one knows what will happen to the healthcare that passed, i think polls show the majority of americans are against the healthcare bill anyway, no opinion, just what i read and see on tv.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
meemoon wrote:"....alot depends on who the repub run. as of now i see no one that stands out in my mind...." /// This is much closer to my view. Like SSC, I think the American people are deeply repulsed by all the debt so far contracted. Obama needs the miracle of low unemployment and solid economic growth. Absent that,the Repubs will still need a clean,strong,attractive candidate and as yet, no individual has risen to the front. Almost any person will beat Obama if they can produce that candidate.

i tend to agree with this post, it mainly depend on 2 things, how the economy is going, like bill clinton ran on " its the economy stupid" and also it depends on who the republican candidate is , they need a new fresh face that looks presidential,if the economy is still just as it is now, and the republicans get a new fresh face , that is not a far right wing, or if the republicans find someone closer to the center they will go in next time , the hardest thing that kind of candidate will face will be the primary to be the candidate as the many republicans want a far right person, and will harp on that, but i still think the american ppl are a bit to the center from the far right, but we shall see. but my perspective is from a very conservative state, that always goes republican, obamas polls i dont think are good, but the 2012 election is not close, things can change.. and how obama treats israel will be important..i dont think israel is pleased with obama , well im rambling, take care,

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:I agree Jeannie,,I have said all along that England,Canada have the right kind of health care.. now we do. it took a lot of work to get this Health reform done..
\

we did not get a health care system like england, or canada, its not government insurance, but u can buy into private coporatives, but that a few years down the road, but its not like the insurance england and canada have.. obama and some wanted it,that way but the conservative dems in congress and the new Massachusetts elected senator ended that, about all we did get is in 2014 u will have to be on insurance, and it will take prexisting condtions, but im not sure how much the premiums will be, lots of thing we will have to learn about it, most ppl that have employers insurance on the job will stay on it,

24Do you think President Obama will only serve one term in office? Empty Health Insurance Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:40 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Strange! Your Government is not going to take the brunt of the cost.
Your Senate just want's to FORCE Insurance on everyone except for certain Religous groups for Health Care. ie: Muslims etc;
Most of you law abiding citizens are doing that anyway...paying to a Private Insurance Company. The Premiums must be high. I think our Government Nat. Health STAMPS was about a Tenner £10 a week.
Do not know now because we are Pensioners and our prescriptions and medical aid is free.

gypsy

gypsy
The republicans didn't want any health reform ,I am glad we got what we got, I think eventually it will be changed to the kind of insurance England and Canada has~I thought it was like What England has~
I have good insurance and of course medicare, but this health reform will help that also~

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum