You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 9 of 17]

201Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:40 am

gypsy

gypsy
I think my internal clock is active since Spring is coming,I have been getting up when the sun rises..a cool morning here, maybe some rain moving our way.

202Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:42 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Hey moon, this weather thread of gypsy's is a thread she can post links on politics if she chooses to, she just can't write about it or copy and paste articles which she got in trouble for in the past. If she just posts links here its up to the reader to click the link or not. However I am asking she not overdue the posting of links about politics I'd like this thread to be at least 99% about anything else she wants to post about, be it weather, music, poems,,etc.

203Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:45 am

gypsy

gypsy
[url=Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 004][

another painting I am working on,,not quite satisfied with it, could use some input.

204Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:50 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I of all people am not an art critic but it seems the house gets lost in the back ground, the roof is more just a dark outline and it leans to the left, I do like the pond maybe a few lily pads in it. You have a mixture of spring and fall colors, perhaps some flowers on the trees behind the house in white maybe like dogwood. I love the mountains and the whole thing looks serene .

205Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:02 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Thanks for the input SSC, the house is an old barn, but it does get lost, yes white behind the barn on trees, is a good point. I will be working with the pond and the walkway alittle more spring colors there.

206Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:04 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
It is a beautiful painting I admire your talent and patience at this, mine would have a foot print in the middle of it...lol

207Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:25 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Thanks! SSC~ it gives me an inner peace to [paint..

208Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:42 pm

gypsy

gypsy
[url=Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 010-1]

209Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:27 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
These paintings are all real nice gypsy, good job!

210Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:31 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Thank you Tyler. I finished three paintings today,getting ready for the river festival art show.

211Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:26 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Verynice Saturday, Warm and sunny, but will you believe maybe snow flurries tomorrow night..Jeeze !
Climate change, for sure/Global warming.

212Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:49 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
gypsy wrote:[url=Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 004][  

another painting I am working on,,not quite satisfied with it, could use some input.

As you get closer to the foreground, use thicker paint, which gives more depth. Sometimes you can use a Palette Knife.

There needs to be more light and dark on your paintings. Decide where your light is coming from.

The pond is more obvious than the house.

Your background can have very thin paint. Also you can put opaque colours on top. After the first layer has dried. (About a week) For sky I use a household paint brush about 2 and a half inches.

It can take 3 months for my painting to be executed.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

213Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:58 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I use acrylics, so I can paint wet on wet, and blend, It is a barn or outbuilding, not a house ,I am going to define it more, I think the moubntains are the first thing that stands out to me.

Thanks for the input Candy.

214Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:10 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
gypsy wrote:I use acrylics, so I can paint wet on wet, and blend, It is a barn or outbuilding, not a house ,I am going to define it more, I think the moubntains are the first thing that stands out to me.

Thanks for the input Candy.

Yes you can put some more thin paint on the Mountains ...but not too thick, they are part of the background.

I do not use Acrylics.

Put some dark strokes for the bark of the trees.  Use the smallest brush you have. Three small sable hairs would be good.

Never use black paint on it's own ...

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

215Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Elderly playing piano Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:17 pm

gypsy

gypsy
 I think I had posted this before, but couldn't remember it is so cute

216Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:53 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Reading back on old posts, your right Mark, we will always be here..I love some post, they are informative,and some not so.. I do miss some input from old posters,like cowboy up.. anyway, lots of  subjects, different views. some were from different countries. no matter how we think, we can't impose those thoughts on others, for real, we just voice them, or copy them from a news source.

I have read many today~

217Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:36 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Well, in a discussion you sometimes need to support and defend your positions, so you need to do more than voice your opinions, you need to explain your rational, and when someone challenges your position show how they are an error.

218Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:28 pm

gypsy

gypsy
that is true.

219Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:22 pm

gypsy

gypsy
When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue

220Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:18 pm

gypsy

gypsy
[url=Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 003][

221Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:22 pm

gypsy

gypsy
[url=Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 002]

222Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:36 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Cowboy's Ranchers,and Tribal Communities in alliance , ride into Washington DC on horseback and set up camp near the White House to bear witness to President Obama's decision on Keystone XL.
On April 27th, they have invited EVERYONE to join them for our closing argument to the President to stop the pipeline.

The action is called Reject and Protect. This could be our last chance to join hands against Keystone XL --
http://rejectandprotect.org

223Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:43 pm

gypsy

gypsy
[url=Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 001-1]Canyon[/url]

224Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:17 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Sunny today, a bit cool,but improving, and looking more like spring.My jonquils are showing little buds of yellow now~ will take pictures when they are in full bloom,Forsythia bushes are fixing to bloom also.

225Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 9 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:39 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Almost Hummingbird time. here is a little verse::

Hummingbirds float free of time,
carrying our hopes,for Love,Joy,and Celebration
The Hummingbirds delicate grace reminds us
that life is rich,beauty is everywhere,every personal
connection has meaning and that laughter is
life's sweetest creation.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next