You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
MY Words, well this is trivial i know, but remember when air jordans were what like 100 bucks or close,or i may be off target, i know she can afford what she wants, what amuses me is i think they are ugly as crap, but thats just me, not saying this can happen to the first family, but many times u see movie stars that have made millions broke, and wonder how, they buy very expensive house , so big thay have to have a fair size staff to manage it, and often other residents, so as i see it the money they make they just blow, its ok , but not if u wind up broke, it poor money management, they have managers, and well i will hush, i think to pay 540 for these ugly shoes is silly, but if she likes them its her option, im sure growing up she had some tough times, so good for her, i guess,but for that money these sob's should fly me places, lol, there is a pic,

First Lady Michelle Obama steps out in Lanvin sneakers and they're only $540!

BY Amy Diluna
DAILY NEWS FASHION EDITOR

Friday, May 1st 2009, 3:22 PM
Michelle Obama and Jill Biden (center) at a Feeding America event. The First Lady could feed quite a few people with what she paid for thesneakers she's wearing. Morigi/Getty

Michelle Obama and Jill Biden (center) at a Feeding America event. The First Lady could feed quite a few people with what she paid for thesneakers she's wearing.
The kicks, made by high-end French fashion label Lanvin, cost $540. Ernst/Reuters

The kicks, made by high-end French fashion label Lanvin, cost $540.

What do you think of Michelle Obama's $540 sneakers?
First Lady Michelle Obama steps out in Lanvin sneakers and they're only $540! Amd_sneakers_obama

Michelle Obama has taken casual to a haute new level.

While volunteering Wednesday at a D.C. food bank, the First Lady sported her usual J.Crew cardigan, a pair of utilitarian capri pants and, on her feet, a sneaky splurge: trainers that go for $540.

That's right: These sneakers - suede, with grosgrain ribbon laces and metallic pink toe caps - are made by French design house Lanvin, one of fashion's hottest labels. They come in denim and satin versions, and have been a brisk seller all spring.

They're out of stock at posh Meatpacking District boutique Jeffrey, and Barneys New York boasts a limited selection of the sneaks, which are a cult favorite among fashionistas.

It's likely Michelle got hers through Ikram, the Chicago retailer that often outfits her.

"They're shoes," the First Lady's reps sniffed when curious reporters inquired about the fancy footwear.

Michelle has stepped out in Lanvin before while getting down to business. A week ago, she shoveled dirt at a tree planting while wearing the line's chiffon tank.

Dresses and strappy pumps cost upward of $1,500, while tops go for $400 to $1,000.

Other celebrity fans of Lanvin's costly kicks include Ellen DeGeneres and Kanye West, who has blogged about his faves.

As the family's primary dog walker, Michelle clearly requires comfortable footwear.

"I got up at 5:15 in the morning to walk my puppy," she joked Thursday. "That's how my day starts. Even though the kids are supposed to do a lot of the work, I'm still up at 5:15 a.m. taking my dog out."

She'll be trodding on New York's sidewalks Tuesday for the first time as First Lady. Michelle will meet with staff at the U.S. mission to the United Nations. Later, she headlines Time magazine's "100 most influential people" gala.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
man are them some damn ugly ankles , buy some knee socks, cover those legs please, lol

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I like Avril's shoes a lot better, she wears cool inexpensive sneakers that are much more attractive,.and Avril's ankles are far better looking too..I mean WAY better looking..

First Lady Michelle Obama steps out in Lanvin sneakers and they're only $540! E7d4-avril

SSC

SSC
Admin
Well-Well...does the world with all its starving really become impressed at Mrs. O's footwear, or Mr. O in a red swim trunks that turned blue for a photo cover, and the dog..what is so special about a water dog ?/ Oh yes least we not forget the custom build play house, who gives a shit..wardrobes, arm muscles and mother-in-laws living in the Black house sure are news worthy..Guess reporters and running out of obnoxious praise and need something to print.
How about swine flu is spreading like wildfire, or the banking industry along with credit card companies are the curse of the earth. I read of Moon's experiance with his credit cards, well it is no bull, mine just dropped my limits and raised the percentage of interest. Guess this is a new administration tactic to help the middle class....I really could do without the help in that form, and the icing on the cake is the VA burial payment a whopping 250.00 might not be paid is you didn't die in a VA hospital.. Another Obama bright idea...

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Don't ya just love the excuses I use to post another Avril picture? lmao

Actually I got the idea to post one becuase tennis shoes (sneakers) are sort of a trademark look for Avril, she wears them a lot on stage. And she has hundreds of pairs, and not necessarily "cheap" either, but she doesn't try to find expensive shoes, only ones that she likes.

As far as Michelle Obama's expensive $500+ shoes, that probably wasn't the wisest choice for her to make considering her husbands position and this countries economy right now. It just doesn't look good being the leader of the nations wife buying things like that when so many people are having money troubles. Oh well.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
welll glad i posted the shoe thing then,, but it was on the place i get my news articles, so it was legit news, and i like the way avril kinda has that cute pose or stand she is in, lol. i try to think back on how the first familys were covered, i know it showed ronald reagan and bush like with chain saws on the farm, I THINK i know one was, i read a really funny article many years ago when pres. Johnson was having his place in texas remodled, and i think by the gov,army corps of engineers. he was having shower heads at all different levels to hit u in different places, he asked the guy doing the work did he have shower heads like that, the guy said no, and johnson said " well u have a dirty ass then," things Johnson and others before him got away with spending gov money on things i think were not suspose to be spent on and back then the press let things slide, now everything is subject to review, over and over, i have also liked to hear the recordings of Johnson played since being released. heck i just like a guy that says screw um, and does what he wants, but those days are well passed, and not possible now, take care

7First Lady Michelle Obama steps out in Lanvin sneakers and they're only $540! Empty once upon a time Sun May 03, 2009 6:34 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
sorry, i just like storys i can remember, and these prices are not correct, but in proportion, so u get the idea, well in alabama, when i was youngs, he was elected when i was in the 5 grade i think, we voted in school . George Wallace was super popular here, and when he could no longer run his wife ran and was elected, she died early of cancer, he later could run again and won, and in his later life he won with many black votes, he put more black to work in state government than earlier govenors, but im not up on that.,, what i writing about and this is memory, they use to get him on tv, and the reporters interviewing him from other parts of the country, were harsh toward him, one ask, well in alabama the white ppl eat chicken and u feed the blacks baloney , he said well maybe chicken is 39 cents a pound and baloney is 89 cents a pound, so i really dont know.. and he was on a national show i think it may have been a debate or talk like a sunday talk show, ,with a panel of reporters or questioners, asking questions , finally one got ticked off as wallace was good, asked him, " YOU think ur the smartest man in the united states dont u? george wallace answered, NO i dont even think im the smartest man in alabama, but i can you one thing i am the smartest man on this tv show..lol.. the best i remember and i may be wrong, i could look it up, but i think when he ran for prezident before he was shot, he had some worried as he was pulling strong numbers in even the northern states..but was shot and never was the same always in pain, but still ran and was elected as govenor again, well just some thoughts,his stance toward blacks changed, and blacks actually voted for him in later elections,

gypsy

gypsy
who cares, they are president/first lady, a lot of things are perks from famous people~ this has been going on for decades` why should it be any different now~I think jackie o completely redid the white house, i am sure the last administration's received many perks, bought new dishes.silverwareetc~

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
sure like the new china i think mrs bush or clinton bought i forgot, but i want our country to have super nice things when leaders from around the world , come here for white house events and dinners, i remember they took Khrushchev or his wife or both to visit a really nice supper market store here, back when they vistited here, and this is memory from way back, communism had nothing to compair, ussr had ppl liveing in small apartments sharing bathrooms, i like these stories, i think the shoe thing was the fact she was in a feeding the poor or something like that with 540 buck shoes on, just not the best place to have them, any other place it probably would not have been a story,

gypsy

gypsy
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/07/AR2009010702829.html

To Serve Twin Needs, White House Unveils a China Accord
PHOTOS
Previous Next

First lady Laura Bush gestures while showing off some of the new White House China Service, Wednesday, Jan. 7, 2009, in the Old Family Dining Room of the White House in Washington.
First lady Laura Bush gestures while showing off some of the new White House China Service, Wednesday, Jan. 7, 2009, in the Old Family Dining Room of the White House in Washington. (AP Photo/Ron Edmonds)

The White House Magnolia Residence China Service on display at the White House in Washington, Wednesday, Jan. 7, 2009.
The White House Magnolia Residence China Service on display at the White House in Washington, Wednesday, Jan. 7, 2009. (AP Photo/Ron Edmonds)

The George W. Bush State State China Service is displayed at the White House in Washington, Wednesday, Jan. 7, 2009.
The George W. Bush State State China Service is displayed at the White House in Washington, Wednesday, Jan. 7, 2009. (AP Photo/Ron Edmonds)

By Jura Koncius
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, January 8, 2009; Page C01

The Bush White House has adopted a two-china policy.

Laura Bush unveiled not one but two new sets of china yesterday: one a traditional Lenox gilt-edged formal style with a green basket-weave border. The other, the Magnolia Residence China Service designed by Hungarian-born Anna Weatherley of Arlington, is a first in the history of White House china: a less formal pattern created to be used in the private quarters.

You could call the hand-painted magnolia blossom pattern the presidential version of "casual" china, although the 75 seven-piece porcelain place settings, purchased with private funds by the White House Historical Association, cost $74,000. Instead of featuring the imposing gold eagles of the formal set, some pieces in the informal set are intricately decorated with butterflies, dragonflies and cute little bugs inspired by species indigenous to the White House grounds.

The first lady gathered a small group of reporters in the Family Dining Room, adjacent to the State Dining Room, to preview the china and two new custom rugs, which she called "the last acquisitions to the White House collection made during President Bush's term." She had been hoping to have everything ready earlier in her husband's presidency, but like many who redecorate, she had to wait. "These have been in the works for several years, and it took longer than we thought," she said.

White House china is displayed in many rooms of the house, and the designs and shapes reflect the style and food in vogue through 200 years of presidential families. There are the French porcelain oyster plates and bonbon stands of the Rutherford B. Hayes administration and the cocktail cups and oatmeal bowls of Woodrow Wilson.
ad_icon

"The china shows the taste of the day. It records history," White House social secretary Amy Zantzinger said.

The frequent entertaining at the White House takes its toll on the china, and breakage depletes the numbers over the years.

"Right now, we only have two complete sets of china we can use for a state dinner for 134: the Reagan and the Clinton services," Zantzinger said.

Mrs. Bush explained that up to now, presidential families have used the formal state services for their meals and entertaining in the upstairs private quarters. She said that she most frequently used the red Reagan china but that her husband is partial to the Johnson service, which Lady Bird Johnson designed to depict wildflowers from throughout the country. Now, Bush said, future first families will have the option of using the "more informal" set for lunches and small dinners.

The official George W. Bush State China Service (total price tag: $492,798) consists of 320 14-piece place settings bought with privately raised money through the White House Historical Association Acquisition Trust. The design was inspired by a French dinner service believed to have been owned by James and Dolley Madison. The eagle motif is taken from an inlay on a Massachusetts sideboard in the White House collection said to have been owned by Daniel Webster.

Mrs. Bush said the green color of the china was selected in part to differentiate it from what is already in the collection -- the Reagan red and the Clinton gold china -- but also because it would work with many colors of flowers and linens and would be good for Christmas.

The Weatherley china was made in America by Pickard China of Illinois, but it was hand-painted by Weatherley's artisans in Budapest. "It is a great honor for me to be a Hungarian immigrant and do something like this," Weatherley said. The theme was taken from the White House magnolia, which is thought to be the oldest tree on the lawn and dates to the time of Andrew Jackson.

Weatherley, who has been creating china in Hungary for 18 years, sells her patterns through stores such as Neiman Marcus. And she once had her hand-painted china appear in an episode of HBO's "Sex and the City." (Charlotte was shopping for it at Bergdorf Goodman when she was presented with her prenuptial agreement.)

The new rugs, also paid for by the White House Historical Association, were made by Mountain Rug Mills in North Carolina. The yellow-and-green Family Dining Room rug incorporates decorative elements from the French marble mantel in the room. The Diplomatic Reception Room rug has emblems from the flags of all the states and a large eagle in the center framed by sunbursts.

The debut of the Bush china occurred at a small luncheon this week for U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.

Have the Obamas seen their new dinner plates? "No, they haven't," Mrs. Bush said. She said she was able to show Michelle Obama the family dining room upstairs when she gave her a post-election tour of the White House. "She at least knows where the china closet is."

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Ya gotta watch it when debating with Gypsy, she'll break out the copy and paste and try an destroy you that way..lol

Couldn't resist.. First Lady Michelle Obama steps out in Lanvin sneakers and they're only $540! 503179

gypsy

gypsy
haha not really Tyler, just showing it has been going on for decades, that is what the first ladies do ~ LOL nothing new, and press has commented on it even back a long while ago~

gypsy

gypsy
rosco 357 wrote:sure like the new china i think mrs bush or clinton bought i forgot, but i want our country to have super nice things when leaders from around the world , come here for white house events and dinners, i remember they took Khrushchev or his wife or both to visit a really nice supper market store here, back when they vistited here, and this is memory from way back, communism had nothing to compair, ussr had ppl liveing in small apartments sharing bathrooms, i like these stories, i think the shoe thing was the fact she was in a feeding the poor or something like that with 540 buck shoes on, just not the best place to have them, any other place it probably would not have been a story,

it is just part of it, at least she was helping the poor.
I am sure donations to the poor are also part of the first ladies duty, and what difference in what shoes she wears ? or how much/? she would have been really criticized if she wore 15 dollar k-mart tennies , LMAO I like these stories also

there are some doozies out there~ whew from way back I imagine her dress was expensive, she has to keep up the image~

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:Ya gotta watch it when debating with Gypsy, she'll break out the copy and paste and try an destroy you that way..lol

Couldn't resist.. First Lady Michelle Obama steps out in Lanvin sneakers and they're only $540! 503179

lol tyler, and they say waterboarding scares u, lol , actually our plot we hatched to get avrils shoes posted worked, lol,, GOD help the terroist of they make them read gyps post over and over lol, the china from donated funds, and the shoes mrs o wore are apples and oranges, it was on a news sight, im surprised it got other post, i posted it because of the price , it was her money, she can spend how she wants, i just found the shoes funny, for that price, take care

gypsy wrote:who cares, they are president/first lady, a lot of things are perks from famous people~ this has been going on for decades` why should it be any different now~I think jackie o completely redid the white house, i am sure the last administration's received many perks, bought new dishes.silverwareetc~
Right attitude,wrong facts. It a'int nobody's concern what Michelle wears. But what is bought for the White House stays in the White House. Any gifts to Ms. Obama worth more than $100 is taxable. You should read up on what a House Investigative committee said about what the Clintons stole from the White House (after their staff trashed the place and left a $10,000 clean-up bill. And no. the Bush's left the place whole and clean)),

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
and moon help me did not the clintons staff steal the w's off the keyboards when leaving??

I heard they disconnected the W keys. Some such nonsense.

gypsy

gypsy
how can it be taxable if it is a gift?
like advertising to me~~ from big names and fashion~home furnishings! what difference does it make when all presidents/first ladies are subjected to same treament? we have been doing it for as long as i can remember~ what is the difference now`? maybe i do need to read up on it~ I am sure the obama's pay their own taxes..

nope, never heard anything the Clinton stole from white house LOL got a c/p LOL

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
keybords moon, a few puters back we had a rule no eating at the pc, well i had orange juice, with pulp, i spilled the whole thing on the keyboard, i took off all the keys and space bars, everything, then really i got in the shower with it, lol and washed the keyboard with water only,,, there really is not much to one, i got the hair blower, and dryed it, put it in the air cond, register, dry it more, then the hair dryer, then put all the keys back on and it worked great,

gypsy

gypsy
rosco 357 wrote:
runawayhorses wrote:Ya gotta watch it when debating with Gypsy, she'll break out the copy and paste and try an destroy you that way..lol

lol tyler, and they say waterboarding scares u, lol , actually our plot we hatched to get avrils shoes posted worked, lol,, GOD help the terroist of they make them read gyps post over and over lol, the china from donated funds, and the shoes mrs o wore are apples and oranges, it was on a news sight, im surprised it got other post, i posted it because of the price , it was her money, she can spend how she wants, i just found the shoes funny, for that price, take care

LMAO why did you have to have a plot, u post pretty much what u want, as the rest of us do~~ I thought it funny,.. true it was her money i think a 540 pair of shoes is peanuts compared to 74;thousand dollar china~ which i am sure the shoes were donated by the company or advertisement :)

yep between your posts and mine Rosco the enemy would run for sure~~

gypsy wrote:how can it be taxable if it is a gift?
like advertising to me~~ from big names and fashion~home furnishings! what difference does it make when all presidents/first ladies are subjected to same treament? we have been doing it for as long as i can remember~ what is the difference now`? maybe i do need to read up on it~ I am sure the obama's pay their own taxes..

Instead of always asking me questions,why don't you look it up? If you get a gift it is income. Oh,so if I decide to pay my employees with "gifts" instead of a paycheck, they no longer have to pay income taxes? Really? Get real and read about this. That china didn't go to the Bushes;it is,as I said, the property of the US taxpayer. Don't you know ANYTHING about ANYTHING?

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
LMAO why did you have to have a plot, u post pretty much what u want, as the rest of us do~~ I thought it funny,.. true it was her money i think a 540 pair of shoes is peanuts compared to 74;thousand dollar china~ which i am sure the shoes were donated by the company or advertisement :)

yep between your posts and mine Rosco the enemy would run for sure~~

ok this is gone far enough, first of all moon said any personnel gifts over 100 bucks to the first family is taxable "because it is the law", the china was to the white house to remain there, and paid for by private funds to the historical society, , read back its in ur post, next ,the article wrote as mrs o paid for the shoes,i dont think they take personnel gifts like those shoes or if u read the article the company cant keep enough shoes made, the ppl that outfit her is where she bought them it said, , anyway my last post, the whole story was because she paid that much for the shoes, im not even sure its leagal for her to take them, if so im sure that would have been in the shoe article, whew,

Last edited by rosco 357 on Sun May 03, 2009 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

gypsy

gypsy
meemoon wrote:
gypsy wrote:how can it be taxable if it is a gift?

Instead of always asking me questions,why don't you look it up? If you get a gift it is income. Oh,so if I decide to pay my employees with "gifts" instead of a paycheck, they no longer have to pay income taxes? Really? Get real and read about this. That china didn't go to the Bushes;it is,as I said, the property of the US taxpayer. Don't you know ANYTHING about ANYTHING?

sure i can look it up, but you would disagree with the outcome or say it is a blog, not news worthy~~ very true on the china, I am sure then if Michelle bought her own shoes it is no ones business~but hers~ i know the dishes belong to the taxpayers it was a silly post about the shoes anyway~ also luxury is the name of the political ,that was my point all along~.. as I said it has been happening for a long time, why should the obamas not get the same treatment?

no! a gift is not always income~perks go along with the scenerio

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
sure i can look it up, but you would disagree with the outcome or say it is a blog, not news worthy~~ very true on the china, I am sure then if Michelle bought her own shoes it is no ones business~but hers~ i know the dishes belong to the taxpayers it was a silly post about the shoes anyway~ also luxury is the name of the political ,that was my point all along~.. as I said it has been happening for a long time, why should the obamas not get the same treatment?

no! a gift is not always income~perks go along with the scenerio

the obamas do not get the same treatment here, we have swore a blood oath to bash them for 4 or 8 years, lmao, and NO any personnel gift over 100 buck to the first family is taxible its called a" LAW" i trust moons on this . we will dig and scrape for any small amount of dirt or mistakes that are made now, lol, toodles, lol im gone on this one,

rosco 357 wrote:keybords moon, a few puters back we had a rule no eating at the pc, well i had orange juice, with pulp, i spilled the whole thing on the keyboard, i took off all the keys and space bars, everything, then really i got in the shower with it, lol and washed the keyboard with water only,,, there really is not much to one, i got the hair blower, and dryed it, put it in the air cond, register, dry it more, then the hair dryer, then put all the keys back on and it worked great,
According to freeindiamedia.com, a site that describes itself as "A forumwhere liberal, left socialist and anarchist thoughts unite", "Even the figure of $13,000 to $14,000 seems inflated, based on the details of the GAO report. Most of that cost, a total of $9,324, went to repair or replace various items and to clean offices. Items repaired or replaced included 62 computer keyboards and 26 cell phones. An additional $3,750 to $4,675 was spent to replace nine historic doorknobs and one presidential seal." I don't know or care if the Clintons stole anything and I'm thus not interested in finding out.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum