You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 14 of 14]

326What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty Tomato Pie Recipe Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:49 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Tomato Pie Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutesCook time: 55 minutesYield: Serves 6.
If you want to take this recipe up a notch, you can caramelize the onions while prepping the other ingredients. If you do that, double the amount of onion.

1 9-inch pie shell (see pie crust recipe for homemade version)
1/2 yellow or red onion, chopped
3-4 tomatoes, cut in half horizontally, squeezed to remove excess juice, roughly chopped, to yield approximately 3 cups chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup sliced basil (about 8 leaves)*
2 cups grated cheese (combination of sharp cheddar and Monterey Jack, or Gruyere or Mozzarella)
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon (or more to taste) of Frank's Hot Sauce (or Tabasco)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
*To slice basil, chiffonade them by stacking the leaves on top of each other, roll them up like a cigar, starting at one end slice the "cigar" crosswise in thin slices.

1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Place pie shell in oven and cook for 8-10 minutes or longer until lightly golden. If you are starting with a frozen crust, you'll need to cook it a little longer. If you are using a homemade crust, freeze the crust first, then line the crust with aluminum foil and pre-bake it for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.

2 Squeeze as much moisture as you can out of the chopped tomatoes, using either paper towels, a clean dish towel, or a potato ricer.

3 Sprinkle the bottom of the pre-cooked pie shell with chopped onion. Spread the chopped tomatoes over the onions. Sprinkle the sliced basil over the tomatoes.

4 In a medium bowl, mix together the grated cheese, mayonnaise, Tabasco, a sprinkling of salt and freshly ground black pepper. The mixture should be the consistency of a gooey snow ball. Spread the cheese mixture over the tomatoes.

5 Place in oven and bake until browned and bubbly, anywhere from 25 to 45 minutes.

327What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:39 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Gna have catfish baked in oven with seasoning, with some steak fries. Gonna have blue sceese dresing ti dip the fiah iin,

328What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:13 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
That sounds delicious, hope you enjoyed it !!

329What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:33 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Oh yes I did, very good catfish indeed. I'm wanting some scallops now with crablegs, lobster, grouper, garlic bread and grits;

330What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:28 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Wow , I am glad you have a good appetite, enjoy all those fine foods

331What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty Waffle Ham & Cheese Quesadilla Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:08 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Waffle Ham & Cheese Quesadilla
Cut a bit of ham and cheese and reserve
The amounts are to everyone’s taste , some people like a lot of cheese , like me and others of more like ham.
But for each quesadilla quarter cup of the two ( 1/4 cup ham and 1/4 cup cheese) is ideal.

Okay, now we’re ready for the Quesadilla’s.
Heat up your waffle maker and let’s get started.

Step 1: Spray with Pam cooking spray
Step 2: Place one small tortilla on the bottom of the Waffle Maker and stack with your favorite toppings.
Below, Ham and Mozzarella Cheese. Yum.

Step 3: Place a 2nd tortilla on top and close the waffle maker
Step 4: Cook for about 4 minutes until done

332What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty Taco Casserole Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:15 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
jar (16 oz) Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ 40% less-sodium taco seasoning mix
2 1/2
cups coarsely broken tortilla chips
1/2
medium green bell pepper, chopped (3/4 cup)
medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
medium tomatoes, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
1/4
cup sliced ripe olives
cup shredded lettuce

Directions
1Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in refried beans, salsa and taco seasoning mix. Reduce heat to medium. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
2In ungreased 2-quart casserole, place 2 cups of the broken tortilla chips. Top evenly with beef mixture. Sprinkle with bell pepper, onions, 1 cup of the tomato, the cheese and olives.
3Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted. Top baked casserole with lettuce, remaining 1/2 cup tomato and remaining 1/2 cup tortilla chips.

333What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty Creole Chicken Spaghetti Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:15 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Creole Chicken Spaghetti
3 - 4 lbs. Chicken Thighs
1 (8 oz.) pkg. fresh Mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbsp. Cajun Seasoning
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp. Louisiana Hot Sauce
4 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
3 cups chopped Onions
1 lb. Smoked Sausage, diced
1 (10 oz.) can Rotel Tomatoes
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced Tomatoes
1/2 cup Ketchup
1 Tbsp. Steen's Cane Syrup
1 Bell Pepper, chopped
6 toes Garlic, chopped
1 quart Water (approximately)
In a bowl, season the chicken with the Cajun seasoning, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Brown the chicken in the oil till it is browned on both sides and about half-way cooked, for about 15 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot, then add the onions and sausage to the pot and brown them for 10 - 15 minutes or until tender and translucent. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and both cans of tomatoes and cook them down till they have completely reduced and begin to caramelize, stirring frequently. Add approximately a quart of water to build the sauce. All a little as you can always add more. Then add 1/2 cup ketchup and a tablespoon Steen's Cane Syrup, and the bell pepper. Return the chicken to the pot and simmer for 30 minutes while you prepare the pasta.
Boil pasta in water until half way done. Drain and add to the sauce. Continue simmering until the pasta is tender (done).

334What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:26 pm

gypsy

gypsy
This sounds delicious, may make this tonight.

335What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty KFC Original Recipe Chicken Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:25 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
KFC Original Recipe Chicken ...... HMMMMMM
11 Herbs and spices...... Enjoy.

1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
3 beaten eggs
4 tablespoons oil

For the coating

2 cups flour
4 teaspoons paprika
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon tarragon
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
*optional add keptchup to mix
Directions:

1. Sift together all the coating ingredients and place in a clean plastic bag. Coat each chicken piece first with the beaten egg, then with the flour mixture in the bag. Make sure you coat each piece completely with the flour.
2. Heat the oil in a skillet. Brown the chicken in oil slowly, uncovered. Once browned, cover the skillet and keeping frying on a very gentle heat until the chicken is fully cooked. Place on paper towels to drain out the excess oil.

336What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty Super Easy Shrimp Creole Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:13 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Super Easy Shrimp Creole
1/4 c. oil
1/4 c. all purpose flour
1/4 c. finely chopped onion
1/4 c. finely chopped bell pepper (yellow or orange)
2 lbs. shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1 can tomato sauce
1/4 c. white wine
2 Tbsp. Beazell’s Cajun Seasoning
Add oil and flour to 10 inch Magnalite. Make a golden roux by cooking over medium high heat. Add onions and bell pepper and cook until onions are wilted. Add tomato sauce and cook down for about 8 minutes. Add shrimp and Beazell’s Cajun Seasoning and cook about 10 minutes. Add wine and continue to cook an additional 7 – 10 minutes. Add water if consistency has gotten too thick and more Beazell’s Cajun Seasoning for your taste. Serve over rice.

337What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:23 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Had a Shrimp boil tonight, Very simple I'm sure most of you know how to do it. Just add your shrimp (still in the shell) to boiling water seasoned with old bay, wait about a minute till they float to the top and they are done. Melt some butter to dip them in or use a sause, You peal them then dip them in butter or sauce and pop them in your mouth.

There are alot of shrimp recipes out there but the shrimp boil peal and eat is my fav. Garlic bread goes great with this.

338What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:02 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Sounds very easy, I love boiled shrimp, glad you are enjoying things like that

339What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:48 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Thanks, I can eat the same things as before, nothing has changed that way. I still have an appetite for those kind of things if thats what you meant. If anything I don't eat as much but am encouraged by my drs to eat as much as I can and whatever I want.

Cemo is not as bad as I had feared, I'm handling it quite well. But not all cemo is the same for everyone. The kind I'm getting treated with aparently does not make me sick like it does some people. I have 2 more rounds of treatment before my next cat-scan to see how its doing.

340What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:26 pm

gypsy

gypsy
So glad you still have a good appetite,and Chemo is not making you sick. love and prayers continuing~

341What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:57 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Supper tonight as my grandmother use to say scraping the bottom of the barrel!..LOL
Fresh corn from the Garden, fried potatoe's, with onion, and  Kabalsa,Sliced Tomato

342What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty Taco Salad Casserole Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:40 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 envelope taco seasoning
1/2 cup water
1 cup crushed tortilla chips
1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
Toppings: chopped lettuce and tomatoes, sliced ripe olives, sour cream and picante sauce

In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Cook and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes; set aside.
Place chips in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, stir refried beans; spread over chips. Top with beef mixture and cheese.
Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and olives. Serve with sour cream and picante sauce. Yield: 4 servings.

343What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty TACO SOUP Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:35 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
TACO SOUP

Ingredients:
2 lbs lean ground beef
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 15 oz cans stewed tomatoes - regular
1 10 oz can rotel tomatoes
1 14 oz can pinto beans
1 14 oz can ranch style beans
1 14 oz can corn kernels
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup water
Brown ground beef in large soup pot with salt, pepper, chopped onion and garlic powder.
Drain.
Put all the other ingredients in the pot with cooked beef and cook for 1 hour.
You can top with grated cheese and crumbled tortilla chips if you like.

344What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty Mississippi Roast: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:13 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Mississippi Roast:
By far the best recipe I have tried. I wont make a roast any other way now. Mississippi Roast – - Put chuck roast in crock pot, Sprinkle with Hidden Valley ranch dressing, add McCormick Au Jus mix, a stick of butter, 5 pepperoncini peppers. DO NOT ADD WATER. Cook on low for 7-8 hrs

345What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty Pork Crackling Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:48 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Be sure to pick the right cut of pork — I love a rolled shoulder and pork belly.
Shoulder and belly are best with long slow cooking due to the high fat content.
Get your butcher to score the pork fat or alternatively use a very sharp knife cut into the fat and avoid cutting into the meat. Make parallel slashes about 1cm apart.\
It is important the pork skin is nice and dry the day before roasting. You can dry the skin of the pork with kitchen paper. Then rub salt into the skin and into the incisions you or the butcher have made. Leave overnight.
The next day, rub the skin with coconut oil and lemon juice to help conduct the heat of the oven to the skin.
Turn the oven to at least 230C and blast the pork with heat for about 30 minutes or until the skin starts to bubble and brown. Then allow the meat to continue cooking slow (at about 120C) until done. Depending on sizes of your meat it will vary, but I do a shoulder for up to 4 hours and a belly for around 2.
If all that doesn't give you perfect crackling just peel it off after cooking and place it skin side up under the grill. Watch it doesn't burn and remove when the skin has gone all puffy and golden.

346What's For Supper ? - Page 14 Empty Easy Crawfish Pie Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:29 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Easy Crawfish Pie -

Ingredients:

1/2 bag of Season Blend
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 cup butter
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup bread crumbs
6-8 cloves of garlic or garlic powder to taste
1 lb. crawfish tails w/fat
1 egg
4 pie shells
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

Sautee Season Blend and garlic in butter. Add crawfish, salt, pepper and whipping cream. Cook over medium heat 15 minutes.
Remove from heat, add egg and bread crumbs. Pour into pie shells, cover with remaining shells.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Crawfish Pie Recipe # 2

Ingredients:

1 unbaked pie shell and top
1/2 stick butter
1 lb. crawfish tails, peeled
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 c. seasonings (onion, pepper, garlic, and celery mix)
Season to taste

Directions:

Saute crawfish tails in butter about 5 minutes. Remove tails; add 2 cups of season mix to butter and saute for 10 minutes. Salt and pepper crawfish tails; add to mixture along with the soup. Cook for at least 20 minutes. If too thick, add a little water. Place in pie shell and cover with top. Bake at 300 degrees until brown. Serves 4.

Crawfish Pie Recipe # 3

Ingredients:

1 med. to large onion
3 stalks of celery
6 to 8 cloves of garlic
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can light or regular evaporated milk
1 pound of crawfish tails
5 tablespoons of cornstarch
pie crust for 2-crust pie

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°. Sauté onions, celery and garlic in butter or olive oil. Add milk and soup; bring to medium boil. Add crawfish, bring to medium boil again then add corn starch. Lower heat and cook for another 10 minutes or until thick. Grease pie shell w/butter and place pie shell in bottom of pan then add thickened mixture. Put on top shell and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum