You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

101Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Fri May 30, 2014 4:04 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Rain with a capitol R and more rain 3 day total over 13 inches and now the system will come back at us with a potential of 4-6 more inches, and a hint of the first tropical storm of the year around the 6th, but that is long range for now.

102Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:23 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Still raining and now a possible tropical storm may cross into the gulf this week 5 days of rain is enough

103Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:06 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Talked to my sister a bit ago,she says they had 12 inches in one week. of rain.

104Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:16 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
On Thurs. Baton Rouge got 13.4 inches in one day, we have had close to 15 inches in 5 days, river flood watches again, so there goes my attempt to mow back to the river and the snakes are moving bad this year.

105Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:22 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Day 6 of rain but looks like 1 more day then a streak of clear 90 degree days, sounds like a beach week for sure maybe a quick run to Gulf Shores for a couple nights is in order.

106Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:31 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Day 7 of rain but this should be the last day for awhile. Packing for the beach trip and some R&R, can't wait, condo here we come...

107Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:49 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Beach, sun , sand and tranquility, it is beautiful the sounds of the waves coming ashore is so relaxing .

108Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:38 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Back to reality, we had a great time glad we were in Gulf Shores and not Orange Beach they had sharks in schools coming within a few feet of the shore and had to close down the swimming. My yard was freshly mowed when we got home, I have great grand kids. Off to bed for this tired woman, vacations will kill ya , now I need to rest up for our next adventure.

109Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:38 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
We had a shark spotted here in fl a few days ago, I think it was a great-white. Of course we get sharks here all the time but its not a problem like some other waters. We have more Gator attacks here than shark. lol

110Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:05 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I saw about the great white sighting, the sharks off the Alabama coast are still there, something to do with redfish season.

111Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:57 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yeah it could have been because of redfish season I don't know. Alabama'a coast is so small it might as well be florida's. lol I teased rosco saying Alabama put too much emphasis in its small strip of ocean shoreline by naming their team Crimson Tide... lmao

112Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:25 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
lmao..you sure have that right, it is only about 30 min and you are finished driving through Alabama on the coast

113Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:46 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Hot and muggy here, we are planning a quick trip to Pensacola next Thursday and coming back on Sun. night. Gbaby got her first job so we are cutting our stay short, I am excited about seeing the Military Museum and the Wall of the South and what ever else we get into.

114Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:49 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Today was a perfect day, the kids prepared a feast for my birthday and presented me with a new laptop and phone, I am one lucky woman. This coming week will be full of preparations for our trip, I just saw a pic of a shark by Pensacola beach in shallow water, might stick to shell hunting and the hotel pool...lol

115Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:54 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Oh lord I am getting to old for these vacations, Pensacola was beautiful and we found so many interesting places to visit, Veterans Memorial Park was amazing it honors all Veterans from every war plus it has the Vietnam memorial wall of the South,I had seen the moving wall years ago but this one is a permanent part of the park. Historic downtown Pensacola was very interesting, so many historical buildings and mini parks everywhere and we lucked out and hit a craft fair. We finally did the Pensacola Beach today and several gift shops before heading home. I am always in awe at the beach I love the waves crashing one after another, the sheer power of water fascinates me. Found some great shells so it was a red letter day. Not a bad drive only about 2 hrs and 45 min if we catch the Mobile tunnel traffic right. Glad to be home, I missed my bed...lol

116Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:19 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Welcome back! Sounds like a great trip I been to Pensacola a few times. I know you're not lacking in the fresh seafood department but I hope you had some FL seafood while you were here. All up and down the coast as you know are seafood joints. I love the crab-shack restaurants and seafood places on the ocean.

Don't you just love the ocean, so beautiful peaceful and mysterious, and as you said so powerful. Glad you had a good time..  smile 

117Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:30 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
We ate at the Fish House and The Crab Shack on Pensacola Beach, beautiful scenery both on the water and the food was amazing, I got fresh jumbo shrimp, with soft shell crabs and fried oysters, oh my so much food and delicious. We didn't have a bad meal the whole trip, the hotel had a piano bar/restaurant and they served Maui-Maui grilled with fresh apricot salsa..awesome.

118Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:39 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Hot muggy and my grass acts like it is on steriods

119Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:54 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Another typical Louisiana summer day RAIN !!! My grass is beyond over grown and to wet to mow. They have found West Nile in the mosquito larva here in town, I have seen them checking across from my house weekly in the swamp, and a few other places where there is standing water. I am hearing thunder now so our daily rain is almost here...ugggggg

120Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:13 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
9 years ago the gulf coast was in a state of panic as Katrina took aim on this area, it doesn't seem possible it has been that long and areas still look the way they did after the storm passed.

121Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:54 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Thank you lord these past 2 weeks are over my youngest granddaughter was nominated for homecoming queen and it has been crazy, but in true fashion of a proud Maw-Maw I am proud to say she won. It was an amazing night.

122Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:40 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Congrats~ :)

123Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:23 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yes congrats Margie. :)

124Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:30 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Congrats Margie

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

125Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 5 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:04 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Thanks everyone, we are very proud of her and her acceptance letter to Southern Miss. came in the mail, we have already done housing app, now on to find enough scholarships, the school has given her 2 already.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum