You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

51Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Tue May 28, 2013 2:24 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I love the crock pot cooking I have a pork tenderloin on now, the weekend was great, we had so much food and good company, the coast was beautiful.

52Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Wed May 29, 2013 11:37 am

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
SSC wrote:I love the crock pot cooking I have a pork tenderloin on now, the weekend was great, we had so much food and good company, the coast was beautiful.
Anyone who would cook a pork tenderloin on anything other than a grill needs to be arrested and beaten.

53Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Wed May 29, 2013 2:03 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Hey now, a crock pot tenderloin fixed MY way is awesome. No babysitting a grill. It came out browned, moist inside and plenty of southern flavor.

54Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Wed May 29, 2013 10:03 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Hell, I like pork tenderloin anyway you wanna cook it. I know what moon means I understand what hes saying, its hard to beat a grill, but the way SSC cooks you can bet I'll be on time for supper, heck I'll be early.

55Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Thu May 30, 2013 12:14 am

gypsy

gypsy
Especially after a winter.
I love the grill,but we all don't live,in that area year round.
especially in winter..I do love my crock pot..

56Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Thu May 30, 2013 6:21 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Anytime Tyler, there is always a meal cooked, I grill about 3 times a week but to cut back on using the stove I am learning many new crock pot dishes, just mastered country ribs bbqed uses Sweet Baby Ray's sauce and let them cook OMG they are so good.

57Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:19 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Just talked to the kids they say there is a small warning of heavy rains from something tropical, I really haven't watched the weather enough to see it. We are off today but back at it tomorrow.

58Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:24 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Ok here we go again , the spaghetti plots are all over the place but local is saying between Lafayette and New Orleans , either way that puts me on the wet side, they are saying 6-8 inches of rain if not more.Plus action is suppost to start picking up the next couple weeks. Spooky with the anniversary of Camile. The joys of the sunny south.

59Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:49 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Typical late summer here humid, and a huge line of rain coming, so far hurricane season has been reasonably quiet in my area. Works for me . I ran out to see the Harvest moon last night, it was quite a sight here ,clouds but it made an eerie view. Worth fighting the skeeters to see.

60Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:57 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Well looks like Karen is getting her act together , we are in Tropical Storm warnings and 20 miles away is Hurricane warnings, pain in the ass.

61Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:44 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I really wish this storm would make up its mind, east ? west ? or north ????

62Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:22 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Hope it goes oK for you, I think you'll be alright you've certainly seen worst.. smile 

I guess we missed that storm, I have seen the updates yet.

63Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:29 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
It is 200 miles south of us but the wind shear is tearing it apart but it has gotten stationary, our tides are up and there are mandatory evacuation orders for the lower parishes, we had a run on gas at the stations today but I am good with what ever happens I have extra gas for the generator but I can always put it in the truck...lol

64Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:17 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Ok where is this Fall weather ??? Mid Oct. and still have the AC running. It is great for all the festivals and fairs but sucks for the light bill.

65Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:02 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Hot cold-hot cold, 2 mornings below freezing now back to the 80's I have a yard full of citrus trees loaded down guess I will be making kumquat and satsuma jelly this weekend.

66Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:12 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Well winter is going to arrive but not without 2 days of nasty rain, it is sunny but windy today, I have moved all the plants in the greenhouse and have everything set up to keep them toasty warm. By Wed.& Thurs. night our nighttime temps will be in the mid 20's....

67Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:46 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I just made a pass through the yard and picked the satsumas, kumquats, lemons and tangerines and grapefruit. The trees are loaded. Guess it is a jelly making day tomorrow, good for a rainy day project.

68Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:55 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Getting ready to start my grocery store run before the 2 day rain sets in, then jelly making and a host of other preps for Thanksgiving. My daughter and granddaughter are taking food to a homeless shelter, my daughter has collected over 6,000 lbs on her job, this is the 3rd. food drop off in the last 6 months. Everyone have a great day.

69Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:27 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
SSC wrote:Getting ready to start my grocery store run before the 2 day rain sets in, then jelly making and a host of other preps for Thanksgiving. My daughter and granddaughter are taking food to a homeless shelter, my daughter has collected over 6,000 lbs on her job, this is the 3rd. food drop off in the last 6 months. Everyone have a great day.
That's great your daughter and granddaughter are taking food to the homeless shelters, its good to hear nice deeds are still being done in our society.

My brother is cooking our thanksgiving turkey this year, hes got everything he needs for Thursday. We're having the basics, turkey in the oven, stuffing (stove top), mashed potatoes and gravy, a green bean casserole with those dried onion ring things on top of it, and rolls. Looking forward to it!

70Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:48 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
That sounds like a great meal Tyler. Sounds like your brother is a great cook.
I am really proud of the kids, that shelter feeds over 200 family's a month.

71Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:25 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Burrrrr it is cold and windy with a light mist that may turn to sleet later on tonight. A big pot of baked potato soup with crumbled bacon and grilled ham and swiss sandwiches hit the spot tonight. Nothing like southern comfort food to warm the bones.

72Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:35 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Cold for sure 22 for tonight, busy finishing up the first round of dishes for tomorrow and desserts, I really hope it warms up earlier than 9am in the morning but dishes are done , gotta go set the water outside in a few, don't need busted pipes for sure.

73Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:29 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Have a great Thanksgiving SSC, and try and stay warm. Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 67629 

74Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:38 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Thanks Tyler I hope your day was a wonderful one, it is cold for sure below freezing now and last night it was 22. But 70's are on the way back next week.

75Slidell, Louisiana - Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Slidell, Louisiana - Weather Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:22 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Almost 80 for today but a change is coming 5 days of rain with temps dropping by the weekend, prayers to my friends in southern Missouri who are facing ice and snow and frigid temps. Hard to believe I grew up in that kind of weather and now 50 is cold to me . We are in our foggy time of year, visibility this AM was less that a quarter mile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum