You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 13 of 17]

301Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sat May 24, 2014 9:37 am

gypsy

gypsy
50 facts you may not know about Kentucky    http://www.movoto.com/ky/kentucky-facts/

302Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sun May 25, 2014 1:07 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Happy Sunday, Everyone. a beautiful morning here, got a nice little shower last night,took an early morning swim, a bit cool yet, but ver refreshing.
Hope everyone has a Beautiful day! God Bless!

303Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sun May 25, 2014 5:59 pm

gypsy

gypsy
[url=Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 003-4][

304Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty new members of the family Sun May 25, 2014 6:10 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Sweetpea,Smudge, aren't camera shy,but Itsy,Bitsy are..

[url=Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 009-1]

305Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Pepper Jac Sun May 25, 2014 6:12 pm

gypsy

gypsy
[url=Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 005-6]

306Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sun May 25, 2014 6:51 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
gypsy wrote:Sweetpea,Smudge, aren't camera shy,but Itsy,Bitsy are..

Precious if the one on the left had a perfect mustache, they are called Hitler cats and have been known to sell for hundreds of dollars

307Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sun May 25, 2014 6:57 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
gypsy wrote:[url=Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 003-4][

How in the world do you grow these I have one and still can't figure out what shoots make the flowers, mine is called an ice something, you give it 3 ice cubes a week, the leaves are beautiful but no clue what to do about shoots it was a gift

308Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sun May 25, 2014 7:10 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Don't know why these copied twice :)

309Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sun May 25, 2014 7:14 pm

gypsy

gypsy
SSC wrote:
gypsy wrote:[url=Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 003-4][

How in the world do you grow these I have one and still can't figure out what shoots make the flowers, mine is called an ice something, you give it 3 ice cubes a week, the leaves are beautiful but no clue what to do about shoots it was a gift
I also water mine once a week with ice cubes, and feed/fertilize with a good orchid  fertilizer every two weeks.put them  in an east window, I have three more with buds just starting, a Yellow,Burgandy,and lime green one.

310Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sun May 25, 2014 7:19 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
How do you figure out what shoots to route up a stick for the flowers

311Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sun May 25, 2014 7:20 pm

gypsy

gypsy
SSC wrote:
gypsy wrote:Sweetpea,Smudge, aren't camera shy,but Itsy,Bitsy are..

Precious if the one on the left had a perfect mustache, they are called Hitler cats and have been known to sell for hundreds of dollars
they are so precious, about 4weeks old now but still not eating. Pepper just love them he thinks he is the Daddy . Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 457757 

312Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sun May 25, 2014 7:21 pm

gypsy

gypsy
SSC wrote:How do you figure out what shoots to route up a stick for the flowers
they will be the ones that are straight, and will come from the center,not the base.

313Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sun May 25, 2014 7:24 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
ohhh ok mine is a young plant and was in bloom when I got it, it is making plenty of new leaves but no shoots between the leaves, I'll watch for them thanks

314Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sun May 25, 2014 11:50 pm

gypsy

gypsy
how long ago did you recieve the orchid? they need to be repotted about every two years.

315Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Mon May 26, 2014 1:52 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
I've repotted it once already, I have had it about a year, the leaves are big and a deep healthy green with new leaves coming out, just no visible shoots between them yet

316Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Mon May 26, 2014 2:46 pm

gypsy

gypsy
SSC wrote:I've repotted it once already, I have had it about a  year, the leaves are big and a deep healthy green with new leaves coming out, just no visible shoots between them yet
What amount of light does your orchid receive? also are you using soil or orchid bark?

317Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Mon May 26, 2014 4:33 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I use miracle grow potting soil, it is in an east window, like i said the foliage is beautiful just no shoots between the leaves

318Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Mon May 26, 2014 4:50 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Miracle grow is to rich for Orchids, roots have to have aeration,plus the nutrients in miracle grow produces beautiful leaves but not blooms you have to use orchid fertilizer for this. also remember orchids grow in trees they are an air plant get nutrients from the wild from decaying leaves and such.

319Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Mon May 26, 2014 5:09 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I do have gravel mixed in the soil but I will go buy the orchid fertilizer and check for special potting mixes thanks

320Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Mon May 26, 2014 8:43 pm

gypsy

gypsy
your welcome.

321Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Tue May 27, 2014 1:09 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Beautiful story.....A very poor man lived with his wife.

One day, his wife, who had very long hair asked him to buy her a comb for her hair to grow well and to be well-groomed.

The man felt very sorry and said no. He explained that he did not even have enough money to fix the strap of his watch he had just broken.

She did not insist on her request.

The man went to work and passed by a watch shop, sold his damaged watch at a low price and went to buy a comb for his wife.

He came home in the evening with the comb in his hand ready to give to his wife.

He was surprised when he saw his wife with a very short hair cut.

She had sold her hair and was holding a new watch band.

Tears flowed simultaneously from their eyes, not for the futility of their actions, but for the reciprocity of their love.

MORAL: To love is nothing, to be loved is something but to love and to be loved by the one you love,that is EVERYTHING. Never take love for granted.

322Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Wed May 28, 2014 5:47 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Rain and more rain Hubby is trying to mow before it rains more, suppose to rain now thru Monday. Pool League tonight, we have so much fun..Hope I shoot good.

323Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Thu May 29, 2014 3:00 am

gypsy

gypsy
Wel l I won two games but lost the third one

324Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Fri May 30, 2014 7:47 am

gypsy

gypsy
I am up very early this morning,drinking my coffee, and watching the sun come up..
Birds are chirping and hummers already at the feeder. wish I could sneak up and take a picture.will try again later.

325Paducah, Kentucky - Weather - Page 13 Empty Re: Paducah, Kentucky - Weather Sat May 31, 2014 9:06 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Back from Pool Tournament. I won my match, and we came in second hopefully we will get to go to Vegas if we win the tournament ,Friday June 13th: a fun day, but exhausted.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum